Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Unreal Rain Last 3 weeks, Your Totals

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Unreal Rain Last 3 weeks, Your Totals

Post by Twister »

Since November 20th, we have had a TON of rain across the state in the last 3 weeks which has been amazing :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am a man that loves stats, and i would be very interested in peoples totals in the last few weeks, as i am sure there are quite a few epic totals out there.
I would be Very interested in hearing what you have all got over the last few weeks i am sure there might be others in the same boat to.
It also gives an idea of how a region is going as well

Mid December here in Mildura, far NW Vic, but its VERY green and everything looks great, also no day over 35c in over 3 weeks which is impressive

Since November 20th have had

72mm over 7 days :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Would normally only have about 18mm over same time frame

Once again for the 5th year in a row its been a VERT WET Nov, Dec
Now Living in Wet QLD
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Unreal Rain Last 3 weeks, Your Totals

Post by Karl Lijnders »

You don't want to know mine but you will...LOL

I had 97mm in the first major event. 76mm in the second event. 24mm just Tuesday and 13mm so far today. That makes....... 210mm!!!! Ahhhhhh I think it is wet now!!!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

134.2mm here since the 20th of November. To say that is fantastic is certainly an understatement. Some other notable large totals for the west central ranges area recorded for the same time period include 187.6mm at Toolern Vale, (between Gisborne and Melton) and 194.2mm at Trentham. :D

Paddocks that had died off after the November heatwave are greening up again, including places in the western suburbs, Sunbury etc. Lawn grass is going beserk, we are having a hard time keeping up with the mowing here the grass is growing so fast. Plants and trees in the garden are growing at crazy rates also. Hopefully we don't get another crazy dry and hot spell in January and February but knowing our luck and our changing climate we probably will. :cry:

Still, with an El Nino around, usually we have milder summers with average rainfall, and the BOM outlook backs this up so there is strong reason for hope. :)
j
johnno
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by johnno »

123mm here since 21st November normally in a month I will get 50mm here so in 3 weeks to get that much is a fabolous result!
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Twister »

OMG you folk in Melbourne and hills have done better than i thought, 120-220mm is HUGE for 3 weeks any time of year, that is an unreal amount of rain great stuff

I know most inland parts have had any were from 70-100mm in last few weeks, very impressive few weeks.

Keep them coming it just shows how impressive the last few weeks have been
Now Living in Wet QLD