Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Rain Event - Thursday May 30th - June 4th 2013

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
T
Thunderclap
Cumulus
Reactions:

Re: Rain Event - Thursday May 30th - June 4th 2013

Post by Thunderclap »

Have done very well out of the southerly streams over the last 24hrs picking up a futher 10.2mm misting now :)
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Southerly stream today favouring the west side of the bay, Tassie rainshadow in force for us easterners, so turned into a reasonable afternoon here after annoying drizzly showers earlier this morning. They topped my total up to 92mm here for the event. not entirely out of the question to reach the ton with more drizzle and showers to come as the winds tend back to S/W.
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Didn't even crack 10C here today. Heavy drizzle showers off and on, the sun tried to make an appearance through a small break in the low cloud but was quickly obscured again. Very gloomy and miserable day, a taste of what winter should be like but the way the models are looking we will probably be closer to the May average temp than June by the end of this month. :? Models have northerlies non stop for the next week. Unbelievable stuff but becoming all too common in recent years.

9.2mm overnight and today.
A
Alexia
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Alexia »

We had 67mm for the system but we have heard of up to 120mm rain in our area. white frost today.
W
Wilko
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Wilko »

Could someone please send the link for the radar timelapse for Friday night
Very much appreciated as i went to bed before all the fun began
occluded
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by occluded »

Wilko » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:01 pm wrote:
Wilko wrote:Could someone please send the link for the radar timelapse for Friday night
Is this what you're after?

http://www.theweatherchaser.com/radar-l ... 3-05-31-22
W
Wilko
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Wilko »

Wilko » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:01 pm wrote:
Wilko wrote:Could someone please send the link for the radar timelapse for Friday night

Thanks heaps
Seems like autumn this week with NNW winds, Big swells and Mild Temps
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Pretty solid drizzle falling here this evening but not being picked up by the radar. Last nights drizzle and todays mizzle has taken me over the ton, now on 102mm for this event, and probably another couple to come tonight, really soggy and dripping here now. Still not really cold though.
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
j
johnno
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by johnno »

I don't think its as bad as some people are saying the next week... We have a half decent front to come through Thursday/friday period could see 5-10mm in southern parts and Melbourne from that and we could see another front or trough come through Sunday into Monday which could drop some more showers or rain in southern parts and Melbourne and then after that models are hinting at another cut off or front in the Bight mid next week.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Is looking okay to me too John ... even latest models throwing in a weak low near Tasmania on Thursday, will enhance any shower activity for southern Victoria at least on Thursday/Friday with the front.
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

No it does not feel like winter at all. Cool but very humid at this time. Just on 4mm overnight from heavy drizzle and light showers.

Should see a few showers and thunderstorms with a change on Thursday/Friday with 10mm possible through much of southern VIC and up to 15mm along the ranges and coast. Should keep things ticking over.

Then next week looks messy but could pay off with another large event if the cards line up!!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Has it finished, finally? If it has then I've ended up with 114mm, half from heavy rain and half from drizzle! :o
A few showers to come overnight Thursday into Friday by the looks, then next week the charts start to look really strange with highs and lows all over the place, the weather getting herself in a bit of a muddle, perhaps before she sorts herself out into a proper winter pattern?
b
blackmamba
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by blackmamba »

Bring on next event.
j
johnno
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by johnno »

Early days but looks like EC and UK have a cut off low once again the Bight area early next week moving towards Victoria, other models push it further south but at this stage EC and UK have it tracking further North. few models still going for a front or trough late Sunday or Monday but most models dropping that idea and going for the low scenario early next week.

In the meantime a decent front to come through Victoria tomorrow night latest 00z UK has some handy falls through the south 10-20mm in places.
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

the temps at my place are about average for this time of the year, its pretty grey and boring and drizzly, it seems to be consistently around 5C or 6C when i get up and about 7C or 8C when i get home at 4pm-ish, very little temperature range under this grey mantle of mist that seems to have super glued itself to the top of the mountain :P
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m