Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

So... tell me about YOU!

Have a chat, coffee and let's laugh about what is going on in your world. You can also find 'Photography Central', 'AWF Member Photos' & 'Weather Sites/Links Australia'.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: So... tell me about YOU!

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Welcome Stefan,
You can learn a lot of weather words along with a lot of other people that are learning also.
No wonder you are not so happy with Collingwood after a 65 point win. ha ha.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

nafets wrote:Hey everyone,

My name is Stefan and yes i'm probably the youngest in this forum, i'm only 12. Most of the time im really happy :D . I live in Ascot VaIe, and i go to school in West Melbourne. I just started year 7 at this year and its awesome. Ive liked the weather since i was six, and i will love it ever since. Last year everyday i presented the weather to my year 6 class. I barrack for the bombers, and im sorry for all you Collingwood fans, but i hate Collingwood. Im not very farmilliar with many weather terms, so sorry if i accidentally read something that i think means something else. Thanks =]
Hey Nafets!! :) You sound like me!! I was about 6 when I got into meteorology, started with an awesome thunderstorm that I will never forget! I'm 16 now mate and have learned heaps from the guys and gals on here, so you are in the right place to learn. ;) And yes, I am a Essendon supporter too! And I also hate Collingwood!! Ha ha. :D
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Well a heeeeuge welcome to you, Stefan! Absolutely terrific to have you on board, I'm really happy you've joined us here. Don't worry if you don't understand all of the words and terminology, lots of us here don't really understand all of what we're reading, but we all have a common interest in the weather and we're fortunate enough to be able to learn from some really knowledgeable people who share their time with us here (so don't be afraid to ask questions, ok? You might be asking a question that another reader has wondered too!).

So, is a weather station on your wish list for Christmas? :woooo:
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

Power Storm wrote:
nafets wrote:Hey everyone,

My name is Stefan and yes i'm probably the youngest in this forum, i'm only 12. Most of the time im really happy :D . I live in Ascot VaIe, and i go to school in West Melbourne. I just started year 7 at this year and its awesome. Ive liked the weather since i was six, and i will love it ever since. Last year everyday i presented the weather to my year 6 class. I barrack for the bombers, and im sorry for all you Collingwood fans, but i hate Collingwood. Im not very farmilliar with many weather terms, so sorry if i accidentally read something that i think means something else. Thanks =]
Hey Nafets!! :) You sound like me!! I was about 6 when I got into meteorology, started with an awesome thunderstorm that I will never forget! I'm 16 now mate and have learned heaps from the guys and gals on here, so you are in the right place to learn. ;) And yes, I am a Essendon supporter too! And I also hate Collingwood!! Ha ha. :D

Hahaha thanks for that, thats cool!
Go the bombersss!
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

Lily wrote:Well a heeeeuge welcome to you, Stefan! Absolutely terrific to have you on board, I'm really happy you've joined us here. Don't worry if you don't understand all of the words and terminology, lots of us here don't really understand all of what we're reading, but we all have a common interest in the weather and we're fortunate enough to be able to learn from some really knowledgeable people who share their time with us here (so don't be afraid to ask questions, ok? You might be asking a question that another reader has wondered too!).

So, is a weather station on your wish list for Christmas? :woooo:
Thanks so much for understanding!!! Thanks everyone for welcoming me so well!! :D

Yes a weather station is defiantly on my list could you suggest me a great one?? Thanks!!
Go the bombersss!
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

nafets wrote:Yes a weather station is defiantly on my list could you suggest me a great one?? Thanks!!
Hi nafets, big welcome to you!

have a look in the weather station advice pages on this forum -

http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... p?f=3&t=44

i got a nice little weather sation by Lacrosse, it was a bit more than $200, and does enough for an amateur like me
brayden
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by brayden »

welcome champ! Ah yes another bombers supporter! ;) enjoy the forum
"I'm in with the sane, does that make me Insane?"
"I lycra like that"
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

Post by schitzengiggles »

daviescr wrote:
nafets wrote:Yes a weather station is defiantly on my list could you suggest me a great one?? Thanks!!

i got a nice little weather sation by Lacrosse, it was a bit more than $200, and does enough for an amateur like me
read up dude, $200 is a violet of pocket money.

he'd have to forgo mixed lollies from the milkbar on the way home, and the fortnightly blue light for atleast six months.

http://www.goring-by-sea.uk.com/barom.htm this is a more budget appropriate weather solution.

it must win bonus points as it enables the consumption of lollies while you've got the metabolism for it, and the pursuit of the ladies at the blue light.. unhindered!

you find me a weatherstation that'll do that mr davies!
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

schitzengiggles wrote:
daviescr wrote:

read up dude, $200 is a violet of pocket money.

he'd have to forgo mixed lollies from the milkbar on the way home, and the fortnightly blue light for atleast six months.

http://www.goring-by-sea.uk.com/barom.htm this is a more budget appropriate weather solution.

it must win bonus points as it enables the consumption of lollies while you've got the metabolism for it, and the pursuit of the ladies at the blue light.. unhindered!

you find me a weatherstation that'll do that mr davies!
Sure okay, hahahaha i've still got cash :D
Last edited by nafets on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go the bombersss!
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

brayden wrote:welcome champ! Ah yes another bombers supporter! ;) enjoy the forum
Thanks its awesome!! :D
Go the bombersss!
W
WeatherGazer
Cumulus
Reactions:
Location: Near the Whitsunday Islands, Queensland - not on an island in the Whitsundays.

Post by WeatherGazer »

We're all sick here at the moment, all four of us. It's the runny nose, the aches, the constant BLAH with no energy. I'm about a day behind everyone else in the family. Doesn't the nurse always end up being the last patient :? I had the kids home yesterday and today, spent most of the morning snoozing whilst they watched ABC 3. Thankfully that helped me feel human enough to go get some groceries (I'm like Old Mother Hubbard) and defrost something for dinner.

At least it's not the gastro. That's the upside...right :dunno:

So, how was everyone elses day?
I love smilies :wave:
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

Post by schitzengiggles »

Karl Lijnders wrote:Well I would make up another name but you know....

I am Karl. I am 26 in May and feeling every bit of it. ;) I am about 6ft 5 and come a very large dutch family who did not beleive in contraception thanks to the catholic church haha!! I am number 4 in a long list of 6 children. No dog here presently.

I work for Russell Athletic in Melbourne in the Sherrin Football Division. It is a very busy job about 9 months of the year. I also teach singing of a weeknight. I also sing and vocally direct the local church music as well which I love. Over the years I have recorded a few CDs and done Background Vocals and Live Recordings in the Christian music industry which has been fun.

I also work with the youth in the area doing a lot of community outreach events and getting to meet the kids where they are at.

Add to that - I am the owner of this little webpage which will be expanding hopefully over the coming 12 months.

Anything else??

Oh and I stormchase when I can.....
Does this mean I can buy a cheap football from you? A$200 is a bit steep for ye olde kangaroo brand :(
If required it can come with a cheap whisky/wine/beer deal...? :D
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

schitzengiggles wrote:
Karl Lijnders wrote:Well I would make up another name but you know....

I am Karl. I am 26 in May and feeling every bit of it. ;) I am about 6ft 5 and come a very large dutch family who did not beleive in contraception thanks to the catholic church haha!! I am number 4 in a long list of 6 children. No dog here presently.

I work for Russell Athletic in Melbourne in the Sherrin Football Division. It is a very busy job about 9 months of the year. I also teach singing of a weeknight. I also sing and vocally direct the local church music as well which I love. Over the years I have recorded a few CDs and done Background Vocals and Live Recordings in the Christian music industry which has been fun.

I also work with the youth in the area doing a lot of community outreach events and getting to meet the kids where they are at.

Add to that - I am the owner of this little webpage which will be expanding hopefully over the coming 12 months.

Anything else??

Oh and I stormchase when I can.....
Does this mean I can buy a cheap football from you? A$200 is a bit steep for ye olde kangaroo brand :(
If required it can come with a cheap whisky/wine/beer deal...? :D
Hahahaha yeah same goes- i dont drink tho...!
Go the bombersss!
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

Hey for anyone who has there own website, this link can give you the weather on it!!!

http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/Main-M ... bsite.aspx
Go the bombersss!
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

LOL S&G we will see.... depends who you barrack for :P

Lovely to have all our new guests along and new friends. Welcome Stefan, great to have you along. Your going to learn tonnes off this place!!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

Karl Lijnders wrote:LOL S&G we will see.... depends who you barrack for :P

Lovely to have all our new guests along and new friends. Welcome Stefan, great to have you along. Your going to learn tonnes off this place!!
I know, i have leart heaps already! ;)
Go the bombersss!
Joeby
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Joeby »

Hey All,

Ive been slack getting organised but here she goes.

Im 33, dad of two young fellas, hubby to a beautiful girl and recently moved from Melb where we have lived all our life to East Gippsland after having too many fun holidays up here to want to go back to the city.

Sniper got me into this site and although I understand very little about forecasting, highs/lows etc Im slowly getting my head around it. I now know if in doubt of what type of cloud it is to use the words 'interesting formations' to get him excited. :D

Apart from my family my passions are fishing (mostly out of my yak) and photography and am hoping to get some shots and fish over the coming winter.

All the best,

Joeby
Last edited by Joeby on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W
WeatherGazer
Cumulus
Reactions:
Location: Near the Whitsunday Islands, Queensland - not on an island in the Whitsundays.

Post by WeatherGazer »

Welcome Joeby :wave: I have two brothers down your way in Vic. Keep up the good work staying away from the cancer sticks :thumbsup:
I love smilies :wave:
FuManchu
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by FuManchu »

Fu Manchu

WZ refugee and WA Weather Group Admin :)
shhh :)
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

FuManchu wrote:Fu Manchu

WZ refugee and WA Weather Group Admin :)
shhh :)

Welcome aboard mate!

Looking forward to hearing from you during some wild WA winter storms!! 8-)

What was the final wash-up from the hailstorm?
Mansfield 370m and Elwood