Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria: Low Pressure System Cup Weekend 2010

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Victoria: Low Pressure System Cup Weekend 2010

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Yes I think there will be no 30C next week, the overwhelming trend over the past few days is for thundery weather to come in before then.

Speaking of thundery weather, some of the cells near Alexandra are starting to get quite heavy. Might see some interest there over the coming hour or two.

Rain becoming heavier here again.

BTW the lower level SW has established and there is plenty of convection developing.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Tempest
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Tempest »

Onetahuti wrote:
Karl Lijnders wrote:AWF Update at 11:30am.

This is the final update in this event.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the updates, the giving of a lot of your time and knowledge is greatly appreciated :mexicanwave:
Second that, and to everyone who has made this such an informative and helpful resource. I may not post much here but certainly always reading :D
Leasy
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Leasy »

59mm for us for this system, very happy with this! Although I would like it to be a bit warmer, it seems that Winter doesn't wanna go away!

Just to echo some of the other sentiments, thanks for all of the updates Karl, smashing job!
j
johnno
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by johnno »

3 cheers for Karl & Jake guys
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

Hip hip, HOORAY! :P
brayden
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by brayden »

Happy birthday Karl and Jake! :happybirthday:
"I'm in with the sane, does that make me Insane?"
"I lycra like that"
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

BTW, here's the whole sequence on the radar if anyone is interested:

tip: do the same time sequence on the doppler radar - the wind changes are stunning

http://www.theweatherchaser.com/radar-l ... 0-10-31-02

Cheers
Chris :rainfall: :rainfall: :rainfall:
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Well done karl!!

:woooo: :woooo: :lighting: :lighting: :windsail: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :brightbanana: :brightbanana: :brightbanana: :peaceout: :peaceout: :peaceout: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :happybirthday: :brightbanana: :brightbanana: :applause: :applause: :applause: :firey:

Oh, and of course.. :roll: and dud were no where to be seen.

Maroondah Dam is now 421 Megalitres above spillway height after 85mm, was raging a month back so imagine its completely out of control with the run off into the Watts enormous..

Some sun this arvo would make things very interesting..
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

LOL! Ummmmm this is all a bit embaressing! Thanks.. :) And thankyou B! It feels like my birthday with more rain coming.

Nice cell near Buxton presently. How does it look up in Eildon guys?

Edit: PMSL Anthony!!!!!!!!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

After a fine and quite windy morning, there is some cloud looming from the W. Took a drive out to Kilmany just before, its wierd seeing the farmers spray irrigating like mad trying to keep the grass growing against the drying westerly wind. And yet 2 hours drive to our west Melbourne lies sodden! :(
V
VRB20G45
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by VRB20G45 »

Really shows the impact a negative IOD phase can have on SE Australian rainfall, especially northern Victoria. La Nina on its own does not have the same impact it appears...however this is still some debate as to whether anomalously warm SEIO SSTs are just a result of a strong La Nina/Indonesian through flow or it's own circulation.

Also interesting we are in favourable phase of the MJO as well.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Echoing the sentiments of many here, thank you Karl and Jake for the terrific effort you've put in, it's been terrific reading, along with all of the other reports coming through from our members. Big thank you and a well done!

As for Eildon, rain has eased here after a further few brief showers since my last post, though we are literally only a couple of km's away from the heavy stuff you see on the radar now, it's only just missing us and remains fine and mild here. We're heading off home soon so may end up travelling through that band :D Just hoping there's no trees down through the Spur, I really just want to get home and check on the condition of our roof (which is still not repaired after March hail :? :x ).

Edit: just started raining again, getting the edge of it now
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

i think this is the first time since 1975 we have had La Nina and -IOD simultaneously?
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
j
johnno
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by johnno »

Thought we did in 1998 Anthony? But not not sure but do remember we had a La Nina and ssts around Indonesia through Winter and Spring being warmer than normal & alot of Australia had a very wet Year that Year similar to this Year
fireone
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by fireone »

57 mm here at Alexandra and still showery. Should allow Eildon to get up to 67-69% of its capacity next few days. I would think.
Hume is overflowing nicely. Some great totals around the state late yesterday, overnight and this morning.
FIREONE, Alexandra. { North Central } Vic.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

:applause: :applause: :applause: Yes a big thank you to Karl and Jake for the weather updates and to John and everyone else who posted on the forum and gave info. I have been at Mt Martha since yesterday morning and the manual gauge on the deck already had water in it so no idea how much we got here but judging by the radar not as much as some people. It's very windy tho. Definitely not as much as back home in The Dandenongs. Wow!! over 100mm at Mt Dandenong. :applause: :applause: :applause:
brayden
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by brayden »

hey fireone welcome! :D

Yeah would love to see the hume, Alexia was saying that people are massing to see it. I'm hoping to get back over in May sometime.

Ah TU if only the rainfall can say "While I'll be damned" atm its "Quite frankly I don't give a damn" :P
"I'm in with the sane, does that make me Insane?"
"I lycra like that"
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Yes welcome fireone, you posted at the same time i did. You'll love this place :)
fireone
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by fireone »

Been on another Forum for some years. Could not believe how quiet it was there, then found everyone had come here
including many that were on the other site.
FIREONE, Alexandra. { North Central } Vic.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Welcome FO! Nice to have you with us again. Got some friends in Alexandra who have been loving the rain over the past few months and so we look forward to your updates from the region!!

Rain has finally stopped here for an event total of around 88mm. The Dandenongs have done the best in Melbourne with some areas over 100mm.