Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria: Trough - showers/rain/storms - 6th-10th November

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Victoria: Trough - showers/rain/storms - 6th-10th Novemb

Post by Jake Smethurst »

In saying that, I have just updated the chart. http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... mchart.htm.

Currently here it is 23 degrees with a DP of 17 degrees and light WNW winds.
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
H
HarleyB
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by HarleyB »

Don't think we will be seeing anything here at least today. Should get 30mm later on in the week though.
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Well, it's cloudy here today with 8/8 cover in the mid layers and really not the sort of day you associate with storms developing. It has been humid all day today and the clear skies that I was expecting until mid afternoon have not eventuated.

If anything it will be more light rain here and maybe a few embedded heavier showers. It looks to me like we could be in for another humid and cloudy summer now that the La Nina influence is just starting to become apparent with increasing moisture levels over the continent.
T
TheFishmanAU
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by TheFishmanAU »

Here is hoping for something today as it has been epic fail with storms lately. They are everywhere else but here. :P I saw one flash of lightning Friday 28th October. 28th September was the last storm of note but nothing like the epic one of 2 December 2010 or the ones of yesteryear
@The_FishmanAU is all I need to say.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

It's a bit clearer back towards the border, so you never know. Something might get up.
apocalypse
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by apocalypse »

I guess the cooler air aloft is coming in handy, even though the surface is quite dry (currently 32.5/7.8), the higher temps are enough to produce convection. Small cells popping up now to the W and NW and are lightning active.
Nathan Morris
2013 Rainfall
Jan - 3.8mm
Feb - 27.0mm
Mar - 0.0mm
YTD - 30.8mm
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Nice cap on things atm, with very warm air sitting just above the surface. Will hopefully push East a bit, and the new airmass move in. Looks like most action will be mid level, nothing on the surface yet behind this band, though with clearance you never know.

Front entering the state this arvo may be enough to trigger some action tonight and overnight. Strangely enough cloud developing behind the front..

Edit: Actually a fair bit of stuff developing in the Western part of Vic ahead of the front as well, so this area north of Mt Gambier to Dunkeld could get going this arvo, but marginal atm.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
j
johnno
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by johnno »

Plenty on the surface in North Eastern Vic at the moment exploding up there in clearer air
A
Alexia
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Alexia »

I can hear thunder.32c
W
WaterBaby
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WaterBaby »

20c /16dp here.... Hoping like crazy that we'll get something, but we usually miss out.
H
HarleyB
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by HarleyB »

Big line of storms forming in the NE, lucky them. I still don't think we will see anything here today
D
Dane
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Dane »

All the action is in the far NE of the state and over the border in NSW, Lokks like it may stay that way as well.
Certainly not expecting any thunder here, just a few spots of rain and currently 25/14.
P
Petethemoskeet
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Petethemoskeet »

Very warm to hot day and muggy up here,with storms exploding everywhere.Had 2 good cells over us already.Been a while since we've had some good storms.Radar is looking good for the next few hours so rainfall totals should get a good kick along.Has been very dry lately so this rain is welcome.
J
James
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by James »

well thats it then.......I'll see what the other days bring but its been dissapointing so far here the last month or so storm wise.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Yeah, another dud day for most of Vic. The NE was always progged to be the most unstable tho, plus they had clear air up there prior to storms kicking off and the trough lining up well to act as a trigger. I would say our problem was the front that was supposed to trigger storms from the west was probably too far south to do any real damage, plus the terrible overcast skies which have kept a lid on things.
T
TheFishmanAU
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by TheFishmanAU »

Yet again, another weather fail. My theory of a storm force field gathers momentum. :P
@The_FishmanAU is all I need to say.
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by I_Love_Storms »

Today never looked that good. Tuesday and Wednesday should deliver, keenly awaiting some warm, humid, wet weather with scattered storms, on those days I'm expecting it won't be if but when. Instability looking great.
J
James
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by James »

lol i was under the impression from reading on here that today was the best out of them...i guess it comes down to, it will do that it will do...
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

So thats it for the day? Looking forward to Tues and Wed now then!
fortius quo fidelius
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

James » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:01 pm wrote:
James wrote:lol i was under the impression from reading on here that today was the best out of them...i guess it comes down to, it will do that it will do...
That's why you shouldn't take anyone's word on here as gospel. And if you go back over the thread I'm sure you'll find plenty of mentions of the NE being in the firing line for today. If you really wanna get a better idea of whats going to happen try learning to read the models and everything else involved yourself...it's not easy.

Anyway, on to Wednesday...should be great if you enjoy the sound of thunder and rain, but can't see it being one to get the camera out for. I'm over La Nina already, the novelty of it made it interesting last year. But, these cloudy, humid days get old pretty quickly.