Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Vic - More rain likely March 7th - 10th

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
H
HarleyB
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Re: Vic - More rain likely March 7th - 10th

Post by HarleyB »

There's a quick burst heading our way, though it looks just slightly quicker than I expected, happy to get 5-10mm out of this lot.
M
MurrayRiver1712
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by MurrayRiver1712 »

Some nice rain in Echuca over the last hour or so. Mainly drizzle most of the day.
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

A sultry day here, drove home from Latrobe Valley with light drizzle (falling from way up) making its way to the windscreen till Rosedale.

18-30.4C, baro has been steady at 1011hPa for near 48 hrs so things certainly stationary, BOM has chance of a storm in this area tonight, wait and see, general drizzle seems more likely IMO.

Bar EC (<5mm) - most models are staying with the possibility of 16-30mm rain here over next 24 hrs, again I'll wait and see. :)
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

Its really cooled off quickly here over the past 15 min, low scuddly SE'ly streaming into the trough on the ranges to difuse any remote possiblity of a storm here tonight. Hopefully it ends up as persistent easterly drizzle soon (to vindicate all the sand and super I spread on the golf course Monday).
D
Dane
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Dane »

Real Fizzer here, so far just 0.2mm's and most of the rain appears to heading into the NE of the state. Might get a bit overnight but not much i think. Starting to look like a dry month just 5mm's so far.
occluded
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by occluded »

Well, nice steady rain here for the past 1/2 hour or so and up to 6mm so far. Enough to give the tank a good top-up anyway.
stratospear
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stratospear »

Seems all over here. Only 8mm. Maybe something at the tail end of this system but not overly optimistic.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

This event has not been as widespread as others during the past several months, however it has been good for some parts. We had 11mm to 9am this morning, and since 9am we have had a further 7mm or so. Heavier rain last night, eased back to drizzle today before becoming moderate this afternoon. It's back to more of a drizzle now.
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Most of the models predicted this in the end, i.e. a narrow heavy band through the west and only light falls further east into central.

Miserable, dark and drizzly out there. Haven't checked the gauge but it doesn't look like all that much, maybe just a few mm. We should pick up a bit more overnight in the form of drizzle and there is still some sort of chance of a decent shower.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Been pretty constant, steady rain here for a while now, up to 9.6mm since 12am.
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

Temp now down to 21C with the low dragging SE'ly scud racing over us to the mountains, the radar loop shows rain looming in from the NW (obvioulsy enough moisture in the incoming scud to feed it), funny no breeze on the ground and yet I could jump up and touch the scud clouds!

When the rain arrives from the NW, we will start a night of easterly rain in these parts - so feel 12mm IS on the cards here. :)
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Just cracked 14mm here Lily @ Carrabiean Gardens. Still raining steadily.

This event not over yet. Watching the slow moving and building rainband that will come through Melbourne after midnight with another 10-25mm.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
mutley
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by mutley »

3mm here in light rain. Dane, I think you will end up with a few mm overnight. BTW, have you got that weather station working online yet?
c
calamity
Stratus
Reactions:

Post by calamity »

25-35mm across this area today, plus a nice dump with the thunderstorms around 6pm. interesting to note again the mildura radar showed zip while it rained for hours before lunch.
d
dwood
New User
Reactions:

Post by dwood »

Started raining here at 6.30 pm and just tipped out 35.2mm... And its still raining!
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Wonderful falls there guys!!

Finished for now with 15mm at work and I don't know how much back at home. But would think 10-15mm judging by the rain here.

Rain areas are moving fairly slowly so totals will stack quite nicely.

Keep an eye on the trough moving in from the west. There is no way that it is finished for Melbourne just yet, if there is that much rainfall offshore to the south and west, then there is still a chance of further rain.

Slight chance of storms too.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Twister »

9mm here at Syndal station so a nice fall keeping things moist should see a few more mms and still nice warm and humid
Now Living in Wet QLD
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

dwood » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:03 pm wrote:
dwood wrote:Started raining here at 6.30 pm and just tipped out 35.2mm... And its still raining!
Welcome dwood :wave: Sounds like you are getting a decent drop tonight. Nothing much to report from here just steady drizzle for much of the day.
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

Post by schitzengiggles »

No chance whatsoever of storms on the following grounds;

1. Both my car, and my girlfriend's car is broken. We've not had a storm since mine died, curiously.
2. My camera isn't with me and on account of the above, I can't go and get it.
3. Both John Allen & Rikki Pool are spending their time at home tonight.
4. Most likely, thunderhead has his camera charged and memory card clear and is ready to rock and roll, thus guaranteeing absolutely zero chance of anything at all happening.
5. Milo told me that there was no chance of thunderstorms. Atleast that's how I translated "Aregeruhr arturheerwo! ergouhwerghuada, greouherg ehrh burb trubwergouh *boxing motion.*"
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Twister »

Thick drizzle last hour here looks to have set in big falls Sw of the bay and lots of rain falling over ocean atm as well nice and humid out there
Now Living in Wet QLD