Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria: Strong Westerly Frontal Belt. Aug 22nd-28th 2010

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Victoria: Strong Westerly Frontal Belt. Aug 22nd-28th

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Common sense suggests that the drought is over but the technical elite will tell you otherwise.

In any case we will see some further enormous rainfall up in the region come this week and we could see moderate to major flooding occur.

Will keep a close eye on it and detailed forecasts will be composed by this site in lieu of the upcoming event. Stay tuned.

Otherwise some amazing shots. Chris, good to see Helen and the young man looking well and and enjoying the fantastic snow. Would have been a little bit like home for you, just with gum trees!! That snowman is as big as me!!

Jane I think that region is a serious risk of going into flood also this week/fortnight!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Re: Victoria: Strong Westerly Frontal Belt. Aug 22nd-28th

Post by Twister »

Yeah sorry Karl have to agree with you on the first line, its not over yet if in another 6 weeks its still raining like this, many creeks and rivers have flooded, and most dams are at or above 60% full and continuing to climb, then i might say its over 13 years of little rain needs about a year or so of LOTS of rain to get back.
Its been a great year and looks to continue, lets bring every river, dam, etc in this state full to over flowing

Great photos guys looks unreal its wet out there and hopefully only going to get wetter this week
Now Living in Wet QLD