Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

High Temperatures, High Humidity and Storms 26 Feb - Mar 3

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: High Temperatures, High Humidity and Storms 26 Feb - Mar

Post by Geoff »

stevco123 wrote:Nothing to report here yet. If the radar continues on its current course we won't get much.
Keep an eye on that area of rain building west of the bay Stevco, I reckon it'll give your area a damn good spanking a little later! ;)
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
l
lightnin
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by lightnin »

4.5 mm so far down here, I haven't had a chance to read through here or even listen to the BOM forecast, are we likely to get more, I'm just copping the edge of some light stuff now but seem to be missing most things....?

As usual I seem to have spoken too soon, now seems to be something appearing to my west - have to rely on radar, the low cloud giving poor visibility on storms... :)
Last edited by lightnin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Rhino »

Nice area of storms near clunes moving ne, left moving slightly.

Rhino. :) :)
typhoon29
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by typhoon29 »

very humid day here today. Only a matter of time before hell was going to unleash. Raining cats and dogs since about 3:40pm A few flangs and a bangs. Frogs are a a singing.
Ballarat, Home of the Anti-Thunderstorm Shield!
M
MurrayRiver1712
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by MurrayRiver1712 »

Hot and humid in Echuca all day, the concrete didn't even get wet. Just had a huge crack of thunder, i think it hit the mobile tower on the highway. The low clouds are just swirling around one way then next minute going back the other way, so weird to watch. Very still, not much breeze.
W
WaterBaby
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WaterBaby »

Massive hit in the paddock. Hubby was just out the back door.... he's nearly having heart palpitations! INCREDIBLE!! Won't be going out in this!
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

Need the rain to move SE to get anything decent.....
Go the bombersss!
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Just had a massive downpour here, the first of many. 22mm in 15 minutes and still going, total 49.7mm.

I think Melbourne may dodge a bullet here, which is strange to say because 150mm all up looks easily achievable. But compared to the 200-300mm falls through the ranges that are coming we might get off lightly. I wouldnt rule out every record broken through the North Central, North Country and North East districts by tomorrow. This airmass is insane.

Speaking of which, the boundary of the airmass is still over the border, with Edenhope on 29/20 a short time ago. And the cold air closing in, will likely see another eruption through the night to our west.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
b1schn1
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by b1schn1 »

hardly a drop here, yet gfs predicting about 200 mls here over the next 3 days, going to be fun if it comes off :o it's quite warm still, last 4 runs have been consistant in there prediction so better get my gumboots out
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

Anthony Violi » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:53 pm wrote:
Anthony Violi wrote:Just had a massive downpour here, the first of many. 22mm in 15 minutes and still going, total 49.7mm.

I think Melbourne may dodge a bullet here, which is strange to say because 150mm all up looks easily achievable. But compared to the 200-300mm falls through the ranges that are coming we might get off lightly. I wouldnt rule out every record broken through the North Central, North Country and North East districts by tomorrow. This airmass is insane.

Speaking of which, the boundary of the airmass is still over the border, with Edenhope on 29/20 a short time ago. And the cold air closing in, will likely see another eruption through the night to our west.
Damn, I was hoping for quite a downpour. I'm not throwing in the towel yet.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
M
MurrayRiver1712
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by MurrayRiver1712 »

Its looking very nasty over towards Kyabram, still humid in Echuca, a few spots of rain and thats it. Seems like something is going to break soon though, calm b4 the storm, will wait and see.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

25mm or so here..
T
Timster
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Timster »

Ballarat is getting smashed right now. Just tried to drive through it to get home. Walking pace only, water everywhere. Amazing. Yet just now home at Scarsdale, nothing!
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

100mm to 150mm not enough Stevco? Lol..

On a side note, most models destroy us for the next 28 days, expect a cyclone impact for sure once the next MJO comes in.

And a repeat of this for us, with temps 15 below normal in Antarctica the frigid air will give us another March 6 2010 as well.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
a
adon
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by adon »

Had 5.5mm in hower this morning here and copped a storm about 4.30. only about 10mm in it so a little dissapointed with that. Hoping some more of this rain forecast for NW comes down. 75mm would be nice!
W
WaterBaby
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WaterBaby »

Would have to have had well over 20mm with this current storm already. The amount of water lying around is insane. More on the way.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Shame its a massive embedded mess, the location and timing is perfect for a chase, but i doubt you'd see much apart from walls of strato cloud and rain.
c
chillout
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by chillout »

Anthony Violi wrote:100mm to 150mm not enough Stevco? Lol..
Is that your prediction for next 24 hrs anthony?
Hard what to make of this, I personally think 50. Should start seeing something in a couple of hrs.

EC not overly keen tho and interesting BOM going just for a shower or two tomorrow now.
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

Anthony Violi » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:21 pm wrote:
Anthony Violi wrote:100mm to 150mm not enough Stevco? Lol..

On a side note, most models destroy us for the next 28 days, expect a cyclone impact for sure once the next MJO comes in.

And a repeat of this for us, with temps 15 below normal in Antarctica the frigid air will give us another March 6 2010 as well.
My apologies Anthony,i just re read your posting. I would love 150mm thank you very much lol.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

GFS still holding firm...http://forecasts.bsch.au.com/apf.html?r ... c&days=7.5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Canberra could be looking at a year's rain in one week!
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180