Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria: Rain/Storm event: 29th Nov - 5th Dec (Obs)

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
J
James
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Victoria: Rain/Storm event: 29th Nov - 5th Dec (Obs)

Post by James »

[/quote]BTW Melbourne residents could wake to storms travelling down from the NNE in the early hours clearing after about 9am.[/quote]

Now that would be good, havent seen a single bolt of lightning for a long time, since all storms have been in the day!

very humid here, flooding rain and the largest drops of rain i ever saw this afternoon, but no thunder with it

spideys going mad here, already squished a couple white tails and other nastys...
A
Andy
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Andy »

Interesting today that the storms that smacked the SE suburbs died over the bay then reintensified slightly after about Colac. 96% humidity and 0.0 to show in the gauge.
Oppressive out now. Tomorrow looks to be very interesting.
Great posts and pics and vids people. I do get a lot of enjoyment out of this forum.
apocalypse
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by apocalypse »

Went outside and couldn't see anything, it's died down in the last few frames. Crossing my fingers for some stuff tomorrow though. :)
Nathan Morris
2013 Rainfall
Jan - 3.8mm
Feb - 27.0mm
Mar - 0.0mm
YTD - 30.8mm
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

Nothing happening here and off to bed, but Twister is under a storm, so hope he reports soon (thats if the grain farmers havent put him in the pillory!).
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Twister »

OMFG It will not stop raining here just flooded down once again

8mm in 5mins :D :D :o

Lots of Showers and Thunderstorms today, did a bit of chasing saw some unreal structure from low toped cells and some great lightening and booming thunder.
Also the amount of water laying around is something i only see after flooding in the Vic mounts, NOT the edge of the outback, there are lakes every were sides of road for miles under water this pattern is unreal and if we get another 30-40mm next Tuesday we are all in trouble up here.

Framers are hating this after 12 years of drought there is now to much rain and everything is rotting and losing value fast worst since 1992.

Things are just dripping wet out side we had about 4 hours of sun this after noon but due to it been so wet and humid nothing dried out even foot paths and roads still wet after hours of sun even plants still dripping i have NEVER seen that in my life apart from the far tropical QLD coast

Another VERY wet day here has rained 6 days in a row :o

10mm from morning showers and thunderstorms
8mm from thunderstorm that just passed through
18mm today
31mm for the last 3 days
73mm last 6 days
212mm last 8 WEEKS Year avg 280mm :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

The wet continues, looks like more tomorrow then mostly dry and hot FRI SAt and SUN GREAT news for everyone up here

Though on personal note would love this flooding to continue never seen anything like it

LOL Petroes many in town are getting angry with me lol i am like i cant do anything

As i go to post rain starts coming down again
Now Living in Wet QLD
AUSSKY
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUSSKY »

Steady rain in Abbotsford during the afternoon, drove through the aftermath of the cell that went across the Sunbury - Tulla area, then across to Melton...water across the Calder near Thunderdome - all the roadside drains full to the top - never seen that before!!!! Between Sunbury and Diggers Rest / Gisborne...20mm in 20 minutes, 4" deep water running everywhere through properties...4.4mm in Trentham since midnight...welcome to tropical 'Queensland'....Jane
Australian Sky & Weather (AUSSKY)
Victoria - The State of Drizzle & Occasional Tornadoes
(1999 -2016)
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Darwin tomorrow morning with the isolated middle level showers and storms about.

Should see some sunny breaks and then we will feel the humidity. I am expecting to loose 10kg this week due to the weather!! It is all very positive!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Pengaz
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Pengaz »

Encountered some heavy rain on the drive back to Melbourne this arvo at around Eastlink. Some pretty dark low cloud about on the approach and very wet on the Monash, gee the visibility gets bad in the wet along it!

Hoping to wake up to further heavy showers tomorrow here-feels very humid and unsettled out there tonight. Wish I had a rain guage here to...
L
Leroy
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Leroy »

18.4mm here today, had to travel out just before 3pm along the Maroondah Hwy, and between Kent av and Croydon McDonalds it was interesting with water at door level,

didn't have to go much further. Richard Carline on 3aw said 40 or 50mm is possible in quick time over the next couple of days in places.

Also mentioned next Tuesday looks interesting.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Thanks for the report there Leroy, seemed it developed a little more west of you but a good fall none the less.

There will be some monster storms in the next couple of days. A fairly clear start should inject high energy levels into the atmosphere and an upper low should see a moderate hail risk with thunderstorms.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
a
adon
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by adon »

Getting some showers up here from the left overs from the swanhill storm. IMO now all barley up here now will be weather damaged and it's just how badly damaged will it get remains. Wheat is only just about to get effected so god I hope this stuff clears up soon and a stinking big high clears out theis crap for a months or so.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Courtesy of the BoM

Severe Weather Warning
for flash flooding
for people in the South West, Central and West and South Gippsland forecast districts
Issued at 4:49 am EDT on Thursday 2 December 2010.

Weather Situation
A humid and unstable easterly airstream is over Victoria..

Showers and thunderstorms which may lead to flash flooding are forecast for parts of the South West, Central and West and South Gippsland forecast districts.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:

-----------------------------------------------------------

I must have travelled overnight to Darwin/Cairns! It is unreal out there with valley fog in every valley this morning about 100m deep but clear above that with towers/AccAs everywhere.

We could be relocated today.
r
rychenroller
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by rychenroller »

Super thick fog here this morning. On an aside, the water table here must amazingly jigh, a short sharp shower will flood everything at the moment. Dont remember seeing the usually dry outer western suburbs like this.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

1 in 100 year totals are about to become 1 in 50 years after today. Outrageous humidity with a fantastic upper trough nearby, the only question is who sits in the best spot. Dry line is currently north of us over the border so around Wagga through to here could be the line where the biggest falls occur.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Biggest storms are likely along the sea breeze convergence zone that will push inland (NE meet the SE/S flow later from the bay) and I reckon that the eastern and northern suburbs look set again.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

The Old Fisherman rang at 9.55 to say camp was flooded out at Colignan,
he has never seen anything like it, and has fished there 60 odd years.
21.5mm here yesterday.
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by I_Love_Storms »

Already a nice line of moderate rain heading down to dampen the atmosphere for the main stuff later :D
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

It is sooooo tropical out there.

Already very convective outside here, so it is going to be an interesting day. All of southern Victoria better be ready for flash flooding and severe thunderstorms today!!

Already some convective showers through the central ranges at the moment closing in on Melbourne.

I will get my own thunderstorm chart up hopefully around 11 AM this morning.
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

Pretty unstale out there already. Onle big long band of cloud stretching from behind the western end of the dandenongs right around the bay to over werribee way.
n
norfolk
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by norfolk »

Mind you at the moment, the fog has cleared here and the sun is shining through the clouds. I almost feel this is what the Gulf of Carpentaria would feel like!!

Tony