Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

VIC: Low Pressure System (10/2-12/2 2012)

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
H
HarleyB
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Re: VIC: Low Pressure System (10/2-?)

Post by HarleyB »

A couple of nice anvils on those cells far to the SW of me (referring to the Bannockburn & Melton ones here)

Our event total was 0mm so our MTD sits on just 0.3mm.
Next system please :P
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Line of small cells getting going out SE, won't be surprised if these become lightning active in the next hour or so
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

Hope they come here!! Gee its been quiet recently, where are the regular posters ? ;)
Go the bombersss!
a
aussiestormfreak
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by aussiestormfreak »

AUS_Twisted » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:08 pm wrote:
AUS_Twisted wrote:Line of small cells getting going out SE, won't be surprised if these become lightning active in the next hour or so
nafets wrote:Hope they come here!! Gee its been quiet recently, where are the regular posters ? ;)
Hey thanks for the heads up... I was totally unaware of their presence until I jumped online and read your posts, some nice convection outside, definitely in for some moderate/heavy showers, 50/50 chance of a thunderstorm :)
M
Mikew
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Mikew »

Hosing down in Highett right now
r
rikjpool
Storm Chaser
Reactions:
Location: Home: North Bendigo-just behind Lake Weeroona, Vic. Work: 1.5Km SE from Bendigo AWS

Post by rikjpool »

Another shot from friday afternoon. This taken from Sedgewick. This Pan is taken after I drove into the cell, then decided to pull a u-turn and come straight back out of it. At this point is when the storm started migrating east rather than the western route it was previously taking... Note the Rain and hail precip, now in front of the main core rather than at the back of the storm. This is an eight image pan at 10mm to fit it all in. That curtain was only 200meters in front of me...

I live in a world where I dont see to believe, but I believe to see...
93ben
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by 93ben »

aussiestormfreak » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:29 pm wrote:
aussiestormfreak wrote: Hey thanks for the heads up... I was totally unaware of their presence until I jumped online and read your posts, some nice convection outside, definitely in for some moderate/heavy showers, 50/50 chance of a thunderstorm :)
atm the radar is showing some cells but I'm not sure if they will make it into Melbourne. The BOM has been forecasting rain for so many days yet it hasn't really rained. Only yesterday there was a tiny bit of rain in the morning. Models on bsch.com.au atm are showing Friday as the major storm day. The BOM were predicting heavy rainfall in Melbourne this weekend but nothing happened. Hopefully this new system is stronger and brings storms towards Melbourne! I've been waiting for them for ages now.
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Hmmm, a real hit and miss system this one, only 4mm recorded here Saturday morning from a couple of heavyish showers. Good to see some of the places west of the city got some good falls this time. :D Nothing more to come for us here by the looks. Even late next weeks system has a similar hit and miss look to it to me, no doubt some places will do well again if they get storms overhead. Just ticking along quietly at the moment, waiting for something big to appear on the horizon to get the adrenalin flowing again. I'm off to cook the Sunday roast. ;)
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Gordon »

12 mm here in total, not bad considering we entirely missed Friday's storms which were dumping away just 20 kms to the north.
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Rhino »

Yeah really not complaining here considering how localised some big falls were, 18mm here in Carisbrook and 7km to the west in Maryborough they got 1mm, and of course the area around Castlemaine and sth of it really copped it and there would have been some huge localised falls that will go unpublished but such is the nature of these slow moving convective systems. Anyway lets see how later this week develops. :D

Rhino. :) :)
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Managed 16.8mm from this system. All last night in heavy showers and drizzle. Was a very handy fall :)

Later in week looks thundery, will take a closer look at things tomorrow.
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Rhino »

Glad I got some rain from the last system cause it looks like there's dry developing on sunday.LOL :laughing:

13-02-2012 4-49-06 PM.png
13-02-2012 4-49-06 PM.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 6703 times
P
Petethemoskeet
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Petethemoskeet »

The dry developed here about 5 weeks ago
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Rhino »

Yeah it would be good to get some more "wet" developing, heavy wet would be great actually. :D

n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

Hahahahaha! Btw should a thread be made for wed/thurs/fri/sat possible storms? bsch.com is forecasting storms in victoria at the end of the week, mainly in the NE though.
Go the bombersss!
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

He nafets, would u like to start the new thread, thanks:)