Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria: Showers and thunderstorms - October 6th-7th 2010

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

Re: Victoria: Showers and thunderstorms - October 6th-7th 2

Post by schitzengiggles »

Good lad steve. I'll pay for fuel.

I haven't been to bed yet.
r
rikjpool
Storm Chaser
Reactions:
Location: Home: North Bendigo-just behind Lake Weeroona, Vic. Work: 1.5Km SE from Bendigo AWS

Post by rikjpool »

Good to see im not the only one awake atm. I just woke up and had this feeling something was going on. Look out my window and see a nice CB out in the distance siluetted against the dawn sky. They moving fairly quick too. Chasing could be interesting today. I hope I can get out! Where's your Target area Steve?
I live in a world where I dont see to believe, but I believe to see...
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

I was thinking between Echuca and Shepparton area, don't want to go any further then Echuca

Ryan, I'm gonna go to a eastlink over pass here for a short while to check things out in the morning light.
b1schn1
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by b1schn1 »

Good luck to the chasers, I was woken by a short storm this morning that passed over Yarroweyah, the dog is still freaking out an hour later!
r
rikjpool
Storm Chaser
Reactions:
Location: Home: North Bendigo-just behind Lake Weeroona, Vic. Work: 1.5Km SE from Bendigo AWS

Post by rikjpool »

Fair Call, I'd be heading more to the west of Echuca and following it east. Li's are around -7 there at 2pm, and spreading East as the day progresses. But I dont follow models al that much, i'd just head in that direction.

You should see those cells over Seymore way from the Eastlink, The backend of them can be seen from Bendigo. Nice and Chunky. Not very high, but solid. :)

Good to hear from you B1. :) I have a friend that lives in Numurkah. Be good to hear from someone in the area. :)
Didjman
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Didjman »

Just got some awesome shots of the TCU against the dawn sky!!!Looking nth/ne. Have to work today :(
My mobile is 0429861594 if people want updates from here.
Peter
r
rikjpool
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by rikjpool »

sweet, starting an hour and half early this morning.... I might just be able to get off around lunch time. :)
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Could see the cell up north but there was a lot of smaller CU in front of it blocking view and a low fog/haze around.
Duckey
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Duckey »

Thick fog at my place this morning, which burnt off as soon as the sun hit it. Absolutely beautiful with the sunrise. Now bright, strong sunshine, should do well in heating things up and prime conditions this afternoon for storm activity. Am hoping to be able to leave work earlier today (been burning the midnight oil lately!) so will hopefully be able to get out there and get some shots out the yarra valley way if the predicted storms move down that way...... :D
Storm Nerd!!
Duckey
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Duckey »

Looks like there's a lot of lightning associated with that cell just to the NE of Alexandra....wish I was out there now!! :(
Storm Nerd!!
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

A sensational morning with plenty of strong convective areas across the sky and some amazingly intense thunderstorms for this time of day in the C and E ranges.

Lots of AccAs about. Suspect that C areas west of a line from Echuca through to the Prom will see storms develop late morning or early afternoon with surface heating. These will be the ones worth waiting for.

Likely to see a period of rain as the front nears this afternoon.

Anticipating 25-40mm here in best case scneario but these situations are tricky to call and my estimate may be conservative.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Beautiful Start to the Day.
6.22am. Note. Change time to DST on camera.! Empty Card and Charge Batteries.
T
Timster
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Timster »

droughtbreaker wrote:My forecast for the day is for all the signals to get knocked out causing mass public transport chaos across the board. :x It seems to happen every time there is a large storm outbreak.
Too true, although I hope you're wrong. I need that train to take me home from the CBD to Ballarat.

Have my new camera with me today, so maybe can get some shots this afternoon.

Tim
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: Burnside Heights/Cowes (Home) & Sunshine West (Work)

Post by Skywalker »

Very foggy start to the day at home which seemed to clear the closer I got to work. Not sure what today will bring around here but fingers crossed.
Caroline Springs, Melbourne's meteorological boredom zone.
N
Nick Sykes
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Nick Sykes »

Hey Guys

Nice convection on the sat pic in NW vic, DP's on the rise through the metro area, bring it on.

Nick
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

Geez, it really smells and feels like queensland out there. And also it has the feeling of the march hail storm.i hope we get good storms but nothing like the march one
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
w
wolfcat
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by wolfcat »

wow... check out the state radar... lots of big stuff already dropping heavy rain and lightning.

Camera is charged and ready to go... but stuck at work :-(

so will have to wait for it to come to me.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Middle level pulsies are on the explode through the C areas at the moment. Looks like we could get a bit in the next hour with the best of it still sitting well NW.

Mixing has occurred good and proper now with temps to 22C across Melbourne. If we sneak 25-26C it could be one to remember!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
H
Harley34
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Harley34 »

Atmosphere feels great for storm activity! Radar looking good aswell, and stormtracker is picking up alot of lightning streaming down from the NW with associated thunderstorms. Can someone chuck up the BOM thunderstorm chart for today when it is available please?, cheers guys, would appreciate it, and good luck for those who are chasing.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Some nice looking little cells breaking out over the Mornington Peninsula and Wonthaggi/Leongatha way now, Eildon doing well too early in the game, 4.6mm since 9am already :D

:bringiton: