Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria: Troughy thundery humid rain event. Jan 9th -14th

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
Supercellimpact
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Victoria: Troughy thundery humid rain event. Jan 9th-15t

Post by Supercellimpact »

The air up here has really dryed out up here with temp 29.8 and dp 12.5.
s
solcampbell
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by solcampbell »

Down here in Geelong we ended up with about 125mm for the event. The most we have had in a while. Heaviest day was 48.4mm on the 14th. The Barwon is in Moderate flood at 3.3m and rising. BOM haven't given a peak as yet but expect it to be below Major flood levels like we had in 95 and 05.
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: Burnside Heights/Cowes (Home) & Sunshine West (Work)

Post by Skywalker »

norfolk wrote:Finally we can dry up! I would rather weeks of THIS kind of weather than what we have just gone through! One thing I noticed yesterday was all the dragonflies everywhere! Swarming all over the place. I don't think I have seen this many dragonflies about for a very very long time!
Tony, my wife & I were just discussing the very same thing during lunch while walking around Lake Caroline. I lived the first 25 years of my life on properties with creeks running behind us & I've never seen this many dragonflies in one place! :o

Still a bit humid here, but certainly no where near as bad as the past week.
Caroline Springs, Melbourne's meteorological boredom zone.
c
calamity
Stratus
Reactions:

Post by calamity »

FYI
we recieved 209 and 287 mm in 4 days on 2 properties only 5 km apart.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

sure there is a thread for all this warming chat.???
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

Indeed there is Michelle, thanks!

A friendly reminder to keep on topic for these threads. There is a dedicated sub-forum for all things Climatology. If anyone wishes to contribute to the discussions - and all the above is great, just in the wrong place - please feel free to keep it in there... If anyone wants the password for the sub-forum, please shoot a PM to Karl, me, or any of the Moderator team

Magnificent day out there today, lovely to have the humidity back under control so I can do some gardening :)
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Full Wimmera River earlier Today, shots from Horsham today.
n
norfolk
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by norfolk »

This is what summer is all about! High 20's temps, light winds with a cooler breeze in the afternoon!!! Not that insane humidity we have just gone through.

28.9 today
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

hillybilly wrote:
As to off topic global warming talk then ROFL DJ, 2010 was a strong (not super) el nino year and was statistically insignificant to 1998, so the world only warmed slightly since then.
2009 was a modest El Nino which ended quickly. 1997 was the strongest El Nino in a century.

10 years of global warming now mean even a modest El Nino is as hot as the strongest in a century.

At least know we agree the planet is warming which is progress.

And here's the SSTs around Australia - the trend is obvious. And the unprecedent heat in our oceans is why we've had just insane humidity around Australia the last 6 months. Hotter oceans -> more evaporation -> higher humidity.

HB your chart clearly shows the Australian seawater temp rising in the past 110 years. WHAT WATER WHERE!!??

0.8C/hundred years......well we are all safe then! The warmists have us warming at 0.5C/year and about to "tip over" arnt they. Talk about shooting onself in the foot!

Why does HB's post stick? - I bet mine will be deleted - something smells here.!

Still humid here today, 32C and a sweaty round of golf, cloud cleared to a hot sunny and calm arvo, baro kicked up to 1010hPa.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Careful Petros. Youve got the Ton.
Myabe the tally should have deleted posts noted also. :P
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

Petros wrote:
hillybilly wrote:
As to off topic global warming talk then ROFL DJ, 2010 was a strong (not super) el nino year and was statistically insignificant to 1998, so the world only warmed slightly since then.

Just had another look at this chart... it shows a trendline running 100 years (I think the trend line maths looks dodgy).... LOOK AT THE FOOTER!!! THE WARMING TREND ONLY USES THE LAST FEW DECADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yet 100 years is displayed.

I hope HB is a school teacher or someone that cant be expected to know better - if this is a genuine BOM document, we have an English style BOM snowscreeen happening here too.
n
norfolk
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by norfolk »

[/quote] I hope HB is a school teacher or someone that cant be expected to know better - .[/quote]

If you are implying that teachers are not expected to know better...I find this offensive as I am a teacher. We don't need this kind of comment on the forum.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Victoria: Troughy thundery humid rain event. Jan 9th -14

Post by Anthony Violi »