Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Vic : Jan 16 to 23 Warm to Hot start, dry change, then possible trough / deep low

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
H
HarleyB
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Re: Vic : Jan 16 to 23 Warm to Hot start, dry change, then possible trough / deep low

Post by HarleyB »

17mm here, incredible! Very pleased with that. If next Monday's system does deliver, it'd really quell the fire risk until at least mid-February at least around here.
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Vic : Jan 16 to 23 Warm to Hot start, dry change, then possible trough / deep low

Post by stevco123 »

22mm here :). Very, very happy with that. After 0mm the forst 10 days this month, we have now had 37mm so far.

Be-a-utiful
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

20mm for Kyneton. Will definitely take that. CMC, Access and EC nailed it.... hats off to EC as it got that 4 days out. GFS had only 5mm on the last run...big miss percentage wise. Both Access and GFS missed the line of storms so far south.... nice falls around Melbourne is good to see.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Just passed 30mm here. Very happy with that. Thick fog now and mizzle now.

MTD is nearing 60mm so on track for an average (at least) January here. Wierd summer as it's been quite wet here, really warm, really humid but not much intense heat. A subtropical kind of summer... my favourite :D

Btw could well be another dewpoint record set with this system in SA where a few stations have approach a value of 27C. Can't ever recall a summer with so much tropical air coming down over southern OZ.
T
Timster
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Timster »

Very nice 19mm from that lot. All tanks full and the garden has had a great watering.
To say nothing of the reduction in the fire danger. :D
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

23mm for me. Excellent.
Im not usually a fan of summer but this one is proving to be very reasonable so far.
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
D
Dane
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Dane »

Main Rain band cleared out quicker than the BOM thought but still provided very useful rain.
Had 23.8mm's up to 9am and a further 1.0mm's since then takes the MTD to over 40mm's.
Doesn't look like much more to come maybe another mm or so.
Still very Happy with what I got.
W
Wilko
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Wilko »

24.5mm here to 9am
NICE
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WeatherViewer »

18mm here :D
T
Tassiedave
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Tassiedave »

This fast moving system formed a LOW near Flinders Island delivered good totals to the state's North East. Rainfall totals since midnight: Grey 103 mm, St Helens 86 mm, Friendly Beaches 74 mm, Mt Victoria 53 mm, Mathinna 42 mm, Cressy 35mm, Scottsdale 28 mm, Sheffield 27 mm, Launceston 25 mm, Swansea 23mm, Hobart 16 mm.
D
Dane
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Dane »

Just looking through my records the 23.8mm's I had in the 24 hours to 9am today was my wettest January day since
15-1-2011 when i recorded 26.0mm's which gave me 45mm's in the 48 hours to 9am on that date.
The City had 50.6mm's for the same period in 2011.
The were widespread falls of 50 to 100mm's over much of the state with this 2011 event with some places getting over 100mm's.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

HB...

Thunder around 2am. .. so I'm told buy Mr 9 as he climbed in and woke me up,.
S
Sean
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Sean »

SA sure is copping it...

Seems like every 2/ 3 weeks storms there make the news. Sure is interesting climatically speaking since they're usually quite dry.

Will be interesting to see what Mon and Tue will bring.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

36mm for the event. Looks to be clearing now. Maybe a few spits to come. Chilly day here with a max of just 15C.

Excellent result. Just about ends our fire season here :D . Will take a month or thereabouts to dry out now (assuming no rain).

Next system only a couple of days away with ACCESS, EC and CMC all showing good falls on Monday into Tuesday. GFS not that interested ATM. Time for a new thread.
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Gordon »

Just back home and can belatedly report 20 mm here.

Good to see 20mm-ish over such a wide area of the state - one of the better systems in recent months for sharing the love!