Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

11th June onwards - Cut off low

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: 11th June onwards - Cut off low

Post by Geoff »

SC. wrote:You guys posting rainfall totals must have a WS but mine broke a couple of years ago. Doing the Nylex thing atm. Will upgrade sooner or later.
Stick with the Nylex SC, I use mine for my reliable rainfall totals, and take my WS one as a rough guide only - too many gliches and too many ways for it to misread for my liking.
Temporary lull in the rainband just now, but expect it to pick up again overnight into tomorrow. 9.4mm so far, and down to 8.7c.
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

its raining and its wet and it cold, great to be back in melbourne. :?
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Rhino »

Nothing much of note here today, around 16mm today so around 23mm in the last 24 hrs and around what was forecast for here. Might scrape another 5mm over the coming 24hrs but will all happen in the south and east now. Good to see some good falls in the north too. :D

Rhino. :) :)
S
SC.
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by SC. »

Geoff » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 pm wrote:
Geoff wrote:
SC. wrote:You guys posting rainfall totals must have a WS but mine broke a couple of years ago. Doing the Nylex thing atm. Will upgrade sooner or later.
Stick with the Nylex SC, I use mine for my reliable rainfall totals, and take my WS one as a rough guide only - too many gliches and too many ways for it to misread for my liking.
Temporary lull in the rainband just now, but expect it to pick up again overnight into tomorrow. 9.4mm so far, and down to 8.7c.

Haha...now you are making me feel old...yep, your right you can't beat the old nylex.

I haven't seen a system like this in a long time. I'm lovin' it. Qld is getting the full wrap right now.
Matt

http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

:sun: :sun: :sun: Welcome back Shell from sunny Bali :sun: :sun: :sun: Looks like you had a totally fun and relaxing time :)
typhoon29
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by typhoon29 »

it dribbled rain here for 80% of today, 9mm. Can't see us getting any more tonight, have to wait and see if this thing has a sting in the tail. doubt it.
Ballarat, Home of the Anti-Thunderstorm Shield!
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

still raining lightly here, hasnt stopped since 7am this morning
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
s
snowshow
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by snowshow »

Started raining at lunchtime today, and has been steady/heavy at times ever since radar looks like that wont change for a while, think I mights start up a wet and wild water slide at my place this time tomorrow ;)
T
Tassiedave
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Tassiedave »

Feeling jealous here in Northern Tassie we look like the only place in South East Australia to miss out on this event completely. 0 mm so far in Launceston.
d
dry
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by dry »

As predicted, a substantial amount of rain is coming from the south east which may cause headaches for road and train users.
s
samueliza
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:
Location: Point Cook- or somewhere in Northern or Western Victoria!!!

Post by samueliza »

It appears flash flooding will be a certainty in the western suburbs at least. Ridiculous amounts of rain falling in Hoppers/point Cook and Werribee at the moment. :o
D
Dane
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Dane »

19.9mm's up to 9am here and a further 2.4mm's since then. System total now 26.6mm's Mtd 90.6mm's YTD 322.5mm's.
Mild month but plenty of rain.
w
wobbie
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by wobbie »

I'm surprised by the lack of interest happening on this forum. Everyone must be working hard out there!

Our weather sure seems a little erratic these days. Months ago I was bemoaing "It doesn't rain anymore," and now we get months of it in one go.

I'm hoping to see the Thompson dam score a direct hit. Nice looking "eye" on the radar timelapse SE of Bairnsdale. Is the low backtracking over gippy???
t
tre75
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by tre75 »

Been raining almost non-stop in Geelong for 2 days now.. well and trully a good drop, just steady constant rain, occasional heavy patches but mostly steady.

I don't think that there is a lack of interest as such, its just that thunderstorms are more exciting ;)
Last edited by tre75 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Gordon »

21 mm to 9 am here, and raining steadily since. Ground is starting to get very wet and local ephemeral creeks are flowing again.
P
Proteous
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Proteous »

Conditions have eased here atm, the wind however has picked up considerably gusting to 43 Kph from the wsw. 52mm of rain so far with perhaps more to come later.
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: Burnside Heights/Cowes (Home) & Sunshine West (Work)

Post by Skywalker »

Hi everyone, I'm back from a few unplanned days in hospital thanks to a nasty car accident.

Turning out to be a very handy little system, rain simply hasn't stopped. The only negative is the encouragement of more damn weeds in my garden, which I can't do anything about for now.

Have no idea on rainfall totals around here as I wasn't around to prepare the gauge, so will have to reply on other results in the area.
Caroline Springs, Melbourne's meteorological boredom zone.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Welcome back Skywalker. So glad you weren't seriously hurt in the car accident but not good to know you had to spend time in hospital.
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

It has been fascinating to watch the new low centre over the Gippy coast evolve and move in. It formed about 24 hours ago and is now the dominant centre, with the remnants of the old centre of the low still somewhere up over the NSW border, and possibly a third off the mid NSW coast. They are all barrelling around over SE Oz drawing in moisture from the noth and east, and not going anywhere fast.
Mostly light spitty rain here all day, but turning heavier now as the main wrap around of the new low moves closer. Another 8mm or so since yesterday takes me to about 18mm for the event, could double that total by tomorrow looking at the radar.
Get well soon Skywalker, your area should do very well out of this system. :D
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

another day of almost non-stop rain, foggy and 5.8C here atm, so dark! it is really dark living up here in winter, if there is mist around it is darker still, we dont see any light in the mornings at this time of the year, not til just after 7am and i need lights on now :o
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m