Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

relative barometric pressure

Archived Nerdy Forum (Weather Q&A).
i
ian181
New User
Reactions:

relative barometric pressure

Post by ian181 »

Hi everyone,new member-new weather station-new to weather observation. I would like someone to check my maths on adjusting relative barometric pressure. My elevation above sea level is 960 metres I added 109.6 hpa to my absolute pressure to determine relative pressure ,am I anywhere close. Thank you in advance.
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: relative barometric pressure

Post by Geoff »

Welcome to the forum Ian, where on earth are you at that altitude? Yes, your figure sounds about spot on to me, I did a google to find a conversion chart and found this one; http://keisan.casio.com/has10/SpecExec.cgi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Hope this helps. :)
Cheers, Geoff.
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
i
ian181
New User
Reactions:

Post by ian181 »

Thanks Geoff, I am near Ravenshoe Atherton Tablelands QLD
Thunder
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Thunder »

:woooo: another QLD'er! Welcome Ian, so out of interest what's your station? and how's your mounting locations for compromise?
You're only as happy as you choose to be....I choose to be miserable! :-)

Rainfall Townsville 2013
Jan-301.6(276.4) Feb-63.6(307.1)
YTD-365.2(1150.9)

Rainfall 2012
i
ian181
New User
Reactions:

Post by ian181 »

Hi Thunder,the weather station is a digitech solar powered wireless with usb port .I placed it 45m from the house in a open paddock. I secured it to a star picket as most of the trees surrounding the paddock are 10 m or more so did not see the need to mount it at 10m.