Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

RIP Neil Armstrong

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
b
blackmamba
Cumulus
Reactions:

RIP Neil Armstrong

Post by blackmamba »

First man on Moon, Neil Armstrong, dies at age 82

NEIL Armstrong, who led the Apollo 11 spacecraft and became the first man to set foot on the Moon, has died from complications after heart surgery.

Armstrong was a quiet self-described nerdy engineer who became a global hero when as a steely-nerved pilot he made "one giant leap for mankind" with a small step on to the moon.

The modest man who had people on Earth entranced and awed from almost a quarter million miles away was 82 when he died.

In those first few moments on the moon, during the climax of heated space race with the then-Soviet Union, Armstrong stopped in what he called "a tender moment" and left a patch commemorate NASA astronauts and Soviet cosmonauts who had died in action.

Image news.com.au

This kind of hit me as a bit of a shocker this morning. :(
RIP.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: RIP Neil Armstrong

Post by Karl Lijnders »

What an amazing pioneer! But I must say it has been sad to read the news that all the skeptics are coming out and slandering him after he has left the earth :x
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
b
blackmamba
Cumulus
Reactions:

Re: RIP Neil Armstrong

Post by blackmamba »

Karl Lijnders » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:43 pm wrote:
Karl Lijnders wrote:What an amazing pioneer! But I must say it has been sad to read the news that all the skeptics are coming out and slandering him after he has left the earth :x
Ah yes. I've heard many a 'skeptic' on 3AW.
Some of the things they've come out with too...