Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Drink Driving Mother Charged.

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
b
blackmamba
Cumulus
Reactions:

Drink Driving Mother Charged.

Post by blackmamba »

Drink driving mother charged following highway collision: Trafalgar

A DRINK driving mother has lost her licence after recording a blood alcohol reading of 0.202 per cent following a collision between Trafalgar and Yarragon yesterday.

The Newborough woman, 29, had her 16-month-old child in the car when she ran off the Princes Highway near the Yarragon weighbridge at 1.45pm.

Her license was immediately suspended and Victoria Police will charge her with drink driving and careless driving.

Nobody was hurt in the accident, but Trafalgar police Leading Senior Constable Peter Ferguson said the car narrowly missed two trees.

“It looks like she lost control of the car, ran off the road and just missed two trees by inches,” Sen-Constable Ferguson said.

“As a driver and especially a parent, you have a responsibility to look after anyone in your car,

“In this case she has sadly failed.”

Image Warragul Citizen

I seriously can't believe any parent could be this irresponsible.
Like, to drink and drive with your child in the car, and knowingly put your child at risk in turn is just unbelievable.

The second thing that struck me was that she was drink driving so early in the day.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Drink Driving Mother Charged.

Post by Lily »

Sadly, it seems to be quite a common occurrence, there have been quite a few instances of this in the news in the past 6 - 12 months (there was a mum in Narre Warren I think recently, too?).

It really is quite shocking, isn't it. Drink drivers sh!t me at the best of times because they put at risk all other road users; drink drivers with passengers sh!t me even more, but drink driving parents... well, they're in a league of their own, because the child/ren can't exactly make an informed choice as to whether they do or don't travel in the vehicle, can they?