Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria- Ex TC Olga's remnants - Rain - 3rd to 6th Feb 2010

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Victoria- Ex TC Olga's remnants - Rain - 3rd to 6th Feb 2010

Post by I_Love_Storms »

Some showers moving down through Seymour now, interesting, might get more of this type of stuff tonight.
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

Weird (technical term) how the ex TC has moved west. Its gunna slam into the front and itll be a good day to have the cam handy tomorrow. I missed Brownie, but I trust his judgement.

Oh how I wish Lavinnia was back on deck! :cheers:
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Twister »

Yeah cloud is thickening and rain just to my east again very dark to west looks great will keep it coming about to rain nicely again here

Watch East SA as the 2 collide i expect the rain over the Riverland to rotate as low moves Se and front moves in from the west good falls out there and rain and cloud thickening to my N and Ne

Humid to Dp around 18c and feel its only going to get higher LOVe it
Now Living in Wet QLD
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Absolutely loving the posts from Twister this afternoon/tonight. Your enthusiasm and excitement is infectious :laughing:

27.8C here currently 53% RH & 18C DP - very sticky but worse inside with the evaporative cooler on, 65% humidity inside! It's the only way to get some cool air flowing through at the moment, in a few more hours just the fans will do hopefully.

Mick, I'd camp tonight :)
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

For the first time in about 12 months I reckon, (old age creeping in) the dragon flies are going crazy. Gunna belt down within 24 hours!

Oh yes Twisters is very good value! How about a post on your US adventures??? Didnt you go off to study?
c
chillout
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by chillout »

any ants about? :stir:
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Extensive areas of middle level Cu have come in very quickly in the last couple of hours so no surprise to see showers about locally. Would be a great start to the system to score a couple of mm already but anything could happen with this shower, it could decay or deflect at any time. DP has risen from 11C to 14C in less than 2 hours.
a
adon
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by adon »

Plenty of ants here! Looking pretty threatening to the north now.
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

AHA glad you noticed! No volcanoes from the ants. The bush bull ants are not interested at all.

The black ants got a bit feral and had to douse a few colonies with pesticide. I didnt want to do it, but they were getting inside too often. Just another sign of the drought IMO.

Down to 26 here so might have a snooze in the a/c and wake up about one to reassess the situation!

Edit, everywhere seems to be down to 27 so the forecast min of 25 might be a tad high.
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Twister »

Thanks Guys, yeah i just love these systems as they bring great rain to everyone and that is the important thing.

Hi Mick yes I spent a year in Oklahoma last year, studied at the top met school in the country was MIND BLOWING experience and looks like i will be going back in late April for another season of chasing anyone wanna come :D
I had a big thread with pics and all In WZ which had all my pics and details of the whole year but i got back and no one was on WZ and had moved here so i suppose many missed out on that.

Any way sorry for the Off Topic.

Well it is interesting watching the trough/front interact with the Ex TC showers and rain. Watch Adel radar last few hours, rain moves West then hits the trough/front and starts sliding south which is unreal looks to be filling in to which is great.

Hoping the front trough slows or stalls just W of the border tomorrow morning for steady and heavy rain periods to move over all of us in the W NW.

:censored: Humid here atm 25/19c eat your heart out Darwin lol, love it though. Sky is wet and heavy but just not enough yet to drop those rain areas, but some big showers around a real heavy one passed just south of me, reports of it dumping very heavy tropical rain so good signs only hope it continues to grow to the Ne as that is were the rain is coming from for the moment.

Watch for a few rain bands to rotate around the low at first, then slide and train S Se on the back side of the low with the trough, and then some warp around.
Going to be a humid wet messy day gonna be great :mrgreen:
Now Living in Wet QLD
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Rhino »

EC now going for 44mm here, a 5mm upgrade on this mornings run so really ramping things up. Still going for 20-25mm here IMO but as I said before these setups can deliver big around here. We're all going to get some decent falls so thats what really counts. :D

P.S everyone should have a look at the Adelaide radar, looks like two giant hands coming together.

Rhino. :) :)
Last edited by Rhino on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dagget
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by dagget »

Justhad a brief shower come through here..quite unexpected 8-)
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

26 degrees here, very uncomfortable, with DP at 17.

Excellent day expected tomorrow. I am locking in 25mm for my area, hopefully a bit more, everything is generally dead atm around here!! Would be good as well to get a couple of thunderstorms. Anyway, rain areas spreading from pretty much the entire west tomorrow, going to be real interesting, of course I am at school which sucks, but hey!

Keep the reports up Dean! I saw those photos and your reports from the US! Well done!
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

Still 25C here at 450m asl, it's so humid and sticky. A top of 33.5C today.
Very exciting reading all the previous posts, hope this comes off, it would be too fantastic to get a good statewide soaking in February.Fingers crossed for :umbrella: weather.
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Just very light rain for about a minute from that shower that decayed right out as it hit here. Still good signs to see these middle level showers popping up and could be a lot more interesting at dawn tomorrow.

Just starting to dry out quite a bit here too. We still have green grass about the place and the mountain is fairly green but it's dying off in patches and a few plants just starting to show signs of being under slight stress with the previous two hot days with some wilting leaves etc. In a dry summer these plants wilt constantly during the day so we have done well this year, haven't had to water at all. Hopefully this rain event ends up as good as predicted and we can go right back to a wet environment again.
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

I am very surprised to still have a green(ish)lawn here at 450m with no extra water. Up on the mount at my place ,865m there is only a little bit of browning so far which is great, bring on the drenching! I want a green summer.
we disnt get any shower here yet, still boiling hot and crazy little flies everywhere
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

23.3C/14.6C DP now.

If I open the door to my room (opens to the outside) on nights like this I let in so many weird insects it's like some sort of David Attenborough documentary. Not to mention the everyday ones like mosquitoes, termites, moths, flies, gnats, beetles etc. :evil: One downside of living in the bush in summer. :x
AUSSKY
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUSSKY »

Have you guys in Woodend and Macedon got these black beetles that have suddenly appeared????

Spotted the showers on radar - have been watching it moisten up since before sunset (fractus suddenly appear).....22.6C - had to turn the air cooler off - it was getting too cold <g>...sorry Melbourne :affro:
Australian Sky & Weather (AUSSKY)
Victoria - The State of Drizzle & Occasional Tornadoes
(1999 -2016)
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Twister, could you post a link to your year away and pics on WZ here on the Photography forum please. Sounds like it would be awesome to look through. Thanks :) You are quite welcome to put it on here too in the Photography forum
AUSSKY
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUSSKY »

Lightning to the NE!!!!!!! :lighting:
Australian Sky & Weather (AUSSKY)
Victoria - The State of Drizzle & Occasional Tornadoes
(1999 -2016)