Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

yr.no Website Change

Please post relevant model information, weather and any other links of interest here
apocalypse
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

yr.no Website Change

Post by apocalypse »

Just had a look at the local long term forecast on yr.no which I normally do twice a day, and have discovered that they have dropped it for now only tomorrow's forecast. Not really long term is it?

This is quite disappointing, and I hope it is only temporary, as I always find the rainfall figures are somewhat accurate in the long term compared with the other models. I wonder if this has anything to the with ECMWF?

:(
Nathan Morris
2013 Rainfall
Jan - 3.8mm
Feb - 27.0mm
Mar - 0.0mm
YTD - 30.8mm
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: yr.no Website Change

Post by daviescr »

Hi Apocalypse, I noticed that as well this morning. I think (and hope) it's only temporary. It seems they are still doing long term forecasting, but on a geographically limited way - if you go to the advanced map and zoom right out, you'll see a large arcing set of lines in red across central Europe - I did a quick test and all cities north of that line still have long term forecasts, whereas all below do not. Perhaps they have server issues and are running in 2nd gear???
apocalypse
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Re: yr.no Website Change

Post by apocalypse »

Forecast is back up!! I think your right Chris, must have been a server. :)
Nathan Morris
2013 Rainfall
Jan - 3.8mm
Feb - 27.0mm
Mar - 0.0mm
YTD - 30.8mm