Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria - Tropical rain event - February 2nd-8th 2011

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Re: Victoria - Tropical rain event - February 2nd-8th 2010

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Thanks apocalypse, never seen that one before. Looks a bit dodgy up close but still good to have.

Nice Jane, looks similar to what I saw from above eastlink Police rd but my shots were taken from 5:50 - 6 PM so not exactly sure.

For reference
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/aus ... G_0276.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/aus ... G_0290.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mutley
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by mutley »

Weather station now back online - 128mm (personal daily record)

Couple of quick Dam reports as @ 11pm

Thomson Dam 25.2mm
Cardinia Dam 55.6mm
Tarago Reservoir 85.8mm

And agree, if GFS comes off, Eildon will be full.

I am stuffed. Night all!!!
Leasy
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Leasy »

Thunder and a few very bright flashes of CC lightning here - could be a looong night! But, I have a busy day tomorrow and need beauty sleep - I'm expecting quite a catch-up in the morning!!

Unfortunately my rain gauge is playing up so have absolutely no idea how much rain we have had. :grumpy:
melsy
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by melsy »

WaterBaby wrote:creswick evac'd?? Maryborough preparing? Last things i wanted to hear. Going to try and get into bendigo tomorrow morning before we flood again. Only escaped by mm's last time.... No idea how we'll fare this time.
Stay safe WB. Better to get out early than too late.
Have you hear anything about Skipton. Girlfriend of mine lives there and is also worried with what's to come. Their house was also flooded last month.
A
Ausmammal
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Ausmammal »

112.78mm for the 4th < still shocked by this but not supprised thanks to the people on here who gave us the warnings...
214.88mm YTD
M
MasterOfRoc
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by MasterOfRoc »

Petros wrote:
MasterOfRoc wrote:
apocalypse wrote:Imagine how much of shock this would have come to many Melburnians! I'm sure that yesterday the Bureau had either 1-5mm or 5-10mm for today.
We had 5-10mm here yesterday, its now up to 40-80 and i'd imagine we'd be well into that by now
Absoluetely pointless post unless you include your location in it or preferaby with your profile like the rest of us do.
Thought i'd already done so, mustn't have saved it... All Fixed, am in St Arnaud (VIC)
T
Timster
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Timster »

Awesome reading all the reports tonight. Have been watching it all slide past us *just* to the north. We copped a couple of edges and only 9mm this, while others get slammed.... 100mm+ at mentone is insane.
Spent the evening trying to get staff to assist in the call centre, most are not able to come in due to flooding!

Hopefully we miss tomorrow as well, don't need anymore.

Stay safe everyone.
H
HarleyB
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by HarleyB »

Jeez. 30mm is way better than I expected. It really added up between 8:30 and 11:00. Event total is 39.1mm.
Mosaic
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Mosaic »

Almost done, great event. not sure we will get much more tonight.
Tomorrow would suprise me, it all looks too play too far north from here. Don't need more rain anyway. Nite folks!
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

Finally got some time to check the gauge after water flooded my back yard and house.and what does it say? 108.6mm. Wow. And we are suppose to have a heavy rain band from tomorrow morning. Is that still due to come? I haven't been following the forum due to the emergency.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Probably have had just enough here. I was dreading another massive rain event here as we have had repeated periods of water logging and minor flash flooding here since spring which has significantly damaged the garden with several plants dead and some deciduous trees losing leaves.

Not sure of the exact total for tonight, haven't checked the gauge since around 7pm but we did have a period of off and on heavy rain.
I'm not sure what is predicted to happen tomorrow morning with the cold air interacting. My gut instinct is another moderate to heavy band of rain affecting mainly eastern parts and then clearing up quickly into the afternoon as colder drier air floods in.
flatcam
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by flatcam »

Heavy showers and quite frequent thunder here still. I think the cell above us here is intensifying. There also appears to be another cell developing behind the one on top of us now, so probably a very wet night for us here.

So it's just going to be rainbands tomorrow?

Cheers, Cam
B
Blackie
Reactions:

Post by Blackie »

Petros wrote:
Blackie wrote:our suburb is under water!
For the record you mean Elwood right?

that's right Petros...Ormond Rd shopping strip was a river after we copped a direct hit from the microburst around 7.30pm. Many streets are under water and homes have been flooded.

an amazing and surreal night.
e
eddie
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by eddie »

58mm for tonight to go with the 20mm since Thursday afternoon
Instability
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Instability »

just checked the gauge and tipped out another 40mm. That makes it 77mm for the event in Burwood so far.

Rog.
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Twister »

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

WHAT THE HELL DID I MISS

MASSIVE MASSIVE FLOODING, MILDURA IS UNDER, MANY STREETS SANDBAGGING, MY HOUSE FLOODED, MASSIVE DISASTER WISH I WAS HOME

135mm in town 105mm in 2 HOURS :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
180mm south of town

WHOLE town under Huge mess and its still pouring rain and looks to for much of the night into the morning

INSNAE " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WE have now had this years rain in 5 DAYS 270mm already, after 300mm last 3 months of last year

House suffer a bit of damage mum freaked out and still lots more rain coming

Wettest Feb day on record :o
Wettest February on record :o
WETTEST ONE DAY TOTAL ON RECORD :o

6 months rain fell in 2 HOURS INSANE INSANE stuff
Now Living in Wet QLD
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Twister »

GFS has been right, this rain band is sticking to the Murray there will be big flooding up that way not good,
Heavy falls to the north and this band extends WELL back into SA
Wish i was home so bad

WHAT A SUMMER we are having record setting in every way

Many 50-100mm falls along the Murray by 9am close to 150-200mm around Mildura
Now Living in Wet QLD
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

Rhino from the BOM was just on ABC radio, downplaying what is left to come for this evemt.

Wondered where you had been Twister.
occluded
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by occluded »

Just back from Springvale/Noble Park area. The creek had flooded Heatherton Rd and was almost flooding Corrigan Rd, the heavy rain held off for the most part while we were out.

Cheltenham Rd in Dandenong under the rail bridge was WELL flooded with two cars stuck underneath with water levels up almost to the roof, the occupants appear to have escaped ok and the police had blocked it off.

Now back in Doncaster East where it's pelting down, again.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Well i didnt even bother attempting to go to work, Hallam had over 100mm so far as has most of SE Melbourne so any production attempts today would be futile.

Going to be interesting today, heavy rain for the next 3 hours at least, was expecting the upper trough to be a lot closer this morning before it slides away. Should still trigger a very heavy rain band to our East after lunch.

We are on 68mm here, and we were on about 10mm when the Se was on 100mm, so god knows how much those suburbs have had by now, Lyndhurst with 144mm is the highest by the looks.

An historic event, only 3 weeks after the last one. I love those upper troughs, thank god they returned with a vengeance.

BTW, check the extraordinary activity moving in from the Pacific towards the Central QLD coast. That is outrageous!
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com