Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria: Rain/Storm event: 29th Nov - 5th Dec (Obs)

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Victoria: Rain/Storm event: 29th Nov - 5th Dec (Obs)

Post by Karl Lijnders »

That is flipping hilarious!

Funny that it is cross right where you say as the storms east of Bendigo are becoming very severe and heading straight for Melbourne. Might see them collide with activity from the NE!

Keep watching!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
H
HarleyB
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by HarleyB »

schitzengiggles wrote:I am at seymour maccas. can you call me pls? would love some local knowledge...! 0408 128 244
this goes out to you too kris.
Currently dont have a phone!! :? :| It's lucky that Kris has better knowledge of everything! :P I found his mob in his previous posts. 0400081113.
Last edited by HarleyB on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leasy
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Leasy »

Super LOL @ Poncho!!!! :hahohi: :hysteria:

People at work were looking at me funny, awesome stuff! :oops:
stratospear
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stratospear »

Kind of unlucky here (Eastern side of town). It was just to our west and it's already clearing.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

That's so funny Poncho. Luckily we didn't get the brunt of it here in the hills. Lots of thunder tho.
e
eddie
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by eddie »

Wow, alot of lightning in that storm that passed earlier, managed to avoid it as best as possible whilst out on the roads but still a bit of heavy stuff on the edges

Not sure what the guage is up to now, woke up to just 69mm in it which was a little suprising, the ground was saturated and alot of big puddles around but whatever fell since our rain yesterday arvo didnt add much to the guage, then again after that much rain it doesnt take much to flood things again I suppose

Beautiful sunshine and blue sky now, looking perfect for training assuming the ground isnt underwater :D
H
Harley34
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Harley34 »

eddie wrote: Beautiful sunshine and blue sky now, looking perfect for training assuming the ground isnt underwater :D
Ahh, speaking of training, have you checked the radar?

Round 2 may be on it's way, and it's looking a real possibility we could get a few more storms, thus more flash flooding.
Didjman
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Didjman »

just spoke to ryan. will give him local lookout info. the stuff over Bendigo is approaching - as the stuff to the nth!!
Peter
h
heatherjoan
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by heatherjoan »

I got wet in the short but heavy rain storm about 10 km west of Sale. Nothing over Sale itself - currently bright blue sky, quite warm and the cicadas going crazy. Looking North though and I think we might get a bit more action - quite a bit of convection evident and blackness building.
H
HarleyB
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by HarleyB »

Somethings not right about "round 2", dunno what it is, it doesnt look as organised as the first lot. PS Peter, do you have a total for Broadford for this system and the last one? I've had reports of up to 165mm in Tallarook, so I'm curious as to how you guys fared further south.
stormygirl
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by stormygirl »

5.5mm from this mornings lot and a further 12.5 from this afternoons onslaught!

I left home at about 2:15 and went to a local lookout. Watched the amazing line approach and rumble away. Lots of low flying scud and a slight green tinge. Some pretty awesome CG's which I weren't able to catch on camera.

It then unleashed it's fury while I waited it out at school. Carpark and playground were awash, the wind was insane! Flash flooding about the place and a few large branches from trees down. I recorded a gust of 42.5kph, but it severly under estimates, more likely in the 50's.

Sun is out now! Photos a bit later when I can get them off the camera and stitch together a pano.
Last edited by stormygirl on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Online weather station: http://www.stormygirl.net/wx/
Didjman
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Didjman »

Harley, 136mm for last system, and 20mm so far for this one. I am going out with Ryan in approx 15min.
Peter
r
rikjpool
Storm Chaser
Reactions:
Location: Home: North Bendigo-just behind Lake Weeroona, Vic. Work: 1.5Km SE from Bendigo AWS

Post by rikjpool »

Well I managed to get onto 2 of those SC that John A Was nowcasting about. No nada from what I saw but wall clouds galore! I made a couple of wrong turns around lunch time which cost me an hour of time, but got some nice pics none the less. The SC around 3pm near Shep was an absolute beauty with well defined rotation from base to anvil! Uploading pics onto computer now... and then will go through them this evening,,, :)

Edit: WARNING! 2 Large Severe storms are about to converge together! Very Large and severe warning for the storm Heading directly towards Euroa in the next 15min. And Seymore in the next 30min. Flash flooding and hail are a certainty. Strong winds are also a large possibilty.
Last edited by rikjpool on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in a world where I dont see to believe, but I believe to see...
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Why oh why, school bloody pick up time as per usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went black as dogs guts just as I was about to leave work in Beaumaris at 3pm, then the heavens unleashed. Work in a childcare centre so stayed back to settle the kids & more the point I wasn't crazy enough to go outside in a torrential downpour with constant lightning. The area around my work turned into a river - will post pics from my phone later. Drove home along beach road with several spots under nearly a foot of water. All the boom gates along the Frankston line are down, several sets of traffic lights were out. A drive that normally takes about 25mins took close to an hour. Insane!!!!!!!!!!
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Always the way Moo.

Expecting showers and thunderstorms this evening, whether they are as severe is to be seen, but there should be activity through a fair whack of this evening, then boom for tomorrow.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Didjman
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Didjman »

bbl people. Heading out with Ryan.
Peter
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Brother in law mentioned 2 lightning strikes hitting the tv towers in matter of seconds,
I did ask where the camera was..
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

On the grape vine.. via Mum

Just heard that Pimpinio has had 4 + 1/2 inches in 20 minutes.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Some really big towers going up in the far distance to the W/N/W

Wish I could climb ladders and had a flat roof at times.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Few quick photos with rushed processing. Gotta go through about another 400 from today and see what else is there, but I think these are the pick of the bunch.

From the storm that went through the Bendigo area around 3-4pm. More awesome structure!

Great day!