Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

TC Laurence. December 10th-23rd 2009

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: TC Laurence. December 10th-??? 2009

Post by Karl Lijnders »

He is shifting a little further south, but now is captured by the jet stream and is heading more east than south. Should see the real intensive rainfall stay around Woomera in SA and to the north of there.

Then he will absolutely cane down over NSW and the east coast and deliver storms to us by the weekend.

Locally 10mm tomorrow afternoon around Melbourne, over the east. :stirringthepot:
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: TC Laurence. December 10th-23rd 2009

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

System is now a low.
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
n
norfolk
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by norfolk »

is the area of showers north of Port Augusta part of the ex cyclone? 5mm in Oodnadatta since 9am....i was thinking there would be much heavier rain than this in the area
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by I_Love_Storms »

norfolk wrote:is the area of showers north of Port Augusta part of the ex cyclone? 5mm in Oodnadatta since 9am....i was thinking there would be much heavier rain than this in the area
Yeah it is...isolated heavier falls, some place near Coober Pedy had about 70mm in the day yesterday and wind gusts upto 120 kph.