Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Low then and rain/showers 21-27 June

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
S
StratoBendigo
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Low then and rain/showers 21-27 June

Post by StratoBendigo »

Two frosts in a row here: -1c this morning.

I can't see any rain here for the next two weeks. A mini-drought now, and our major water storage (Lake Eppalock) is still remarkably under 50%. Terrible after three years of La-Nina....
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Gordon »

StratoBendigo wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:48 am
I can't see any rain here for the next two weeks. A mini-drought now, and our major water storage (Lake Eppalock) is still remarkably under 50%. Terrible after three years of La-Nina....
La Nina is a neutral rainfall signal at best for us westies - give me a negative IOD any day... On the plus side, virtually every significant storage statewide is ahead of this time last year, Eppalock included. In the case of our three biggest: Eildon, Dartmouth and Hume, they are at their highest June level in decades. A wet late winter/spring could prove very interesting for Goulburn-Murray catchment flooding, with very little storage airspace left.

Meanwhile, another 4.5mm in the gauge yesterday brings us to 93.5mm mtd, one of our better June totals and 21mm above average.
S
StratoBendigo
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by StratoBendigo »

We're running just below average this June for rainfall. 48mm at Bendigo Airport, although we've had around 56mm here at Kangaroo Flat. Long-term mean is 60mm.
S
StratoBendigo
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by StratoBendigo »

A cold day today. Only got to 9.3degC. Brrrrrr.... We've had 4 days so for this winter where the daily max temp failed to exceed 10c.

For comparison we had 6 days all last winter below 10c (all in July).
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

A very cold day across tye Central Ranges yesterday considering it was just a fairly standard day in a run of boring weather.
Kilmore Gap had a max of 6C, Trentham had 5.5C, Macedon 7C and my place at Mt Macedon could only manage a brief max of 3.3C after a light frost and 1.5C min. I always get my coldest days when the north wind picks up after a frost. Bitterly cold, unpleasant weather in those conditions.

Could someone please tell me who is moderating this forum and approving new memberships these days? Cheers.
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

Quite a stark contrast in temps tonight. 1-3 degrees in the east at midnight, but 11-12 in the western suburbs.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Macedonian wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:25 am Could someone please tell me who is moderating this forum and approving new memberships these days? Cheers.
Sent a pm….
S
StratoBendigo
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by StratoBendigo »

Another frost this morning, but quickly melted when a gusty Southerly blew in and jumped up temps by 5degC in minutes.

The mini-drought continues with very poor prospects for rain in the next fortnight. What's going on?
d
dazrain
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by dazrain »

Darwin has had 6 days in a row under 30. It could extend beyond 10 days!

What is the record?
93ben
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by 93ben »

Macedonian wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:25 amCould someone please tell me who is moderating this forum and approving new memberships these days? Cheers.
I really hope they are able to get the domain transfered over as when it expires it will take some time to be able to buy it back and then upload everything again. We need to figure out what password Robyn would've used. As the email associated with it has been closed down meaning we can't reset the password!

The domain expires on 2022-11-22. So we need to gain access to it before then otherwise we will loose everything.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Thanks for the update Ben..
wow.. that makes things a bit difficult..
have enough trouble with my own PW’s..

Call out if any assistance required..