Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Long warm and dry spell: April 1-?

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Re: Long warm and dry spell: April 1-?

Post by hillybilly »

Beaut day on the beach yesterday with a max of 31C down here in Walkerville (and 26C in FC.). Pretty windy, so thankful we had all that rain a week back (was 80mm in the gauge when I got here). Those Hobart numbers are not good. We’ve been lucky not to see records here. Synoptics just haven’t quite lined up, with only weak warm air advection for us, while Hobart got into strong warm air advection. Btw if your ever after a round up of extremes worth follow Max at https://mobile.twitter.com/extremetemps . He’s a real guru following numbers around the world. Never met anyone so knowledgeable and a straight shooter.

Weak front for today, but a dry one until a possible shower or two tomorrow near the coast. Got fog down here atm.

Proper front around about Friday. Still got a couple more warm ones to come this week.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Hot 27C in FC. Was a short lived max with with a wafting sea breeze freshing during the arvo. Misty out there now and looks like we might sneak a bit of drizzle and fog overnight.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen it so busy this time of year down on the coast. Lots of people taking those overdue holidays and not able to travel too widely. Ironical that our weather has been better than the usual holiday spots thousands of kms further north :o
A
Adam38
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Adam38 »

I was up in Echuca/Moama yesterday and I've never seen it so busy, traffic was terrible!
L
Lucia
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Lucia »

Yes agree took the dogs to Somers Beach, couldn't get a park anywhere, Balnarring the same, beach very busy too dogs galore.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Back to about normal temperature for April with a max of 15C yesterday in FC and about the same again today. One more warm one to come on Thursday before a potentially impressive mid autumn cold outbreak. Progs showing some snow on the alps, which will be the first since the start of January if my memory serves me correctly. Waiting to see if it sticks in the progs.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

14C up here today so on the cool side. Progs holding on to the strong front for the weekend. Bit moisture starved, but will be lots of showers near the south. New thread time :D