Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

VIC - Strong front and possible low: June 2-6 2019

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
A
Adam38
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Re: Strong front and possible low: June 2-6

Post by Adam38 »

Street are a mess here, especially around the new housing developments... mud everywhere, few roads are closed around town due to flooding. Rowsley, just west of town is now on 81mm since midnight, Bacchus Marsh town centre is now almost on 60mm. Long term average for June is 36mm.
S
Sean
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Sean »

Adam38 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:48 am Street are a mess here, especially around the new housing developments... mud everywhere, few roads are closed around town due to flooding. Rowsley, just west of town is now on 81mm since midnight, Bacchus Marsh town centre is now almost on 60mm. Long term average for June is 36mm.
Feel free to send it this way.
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Gordon »

Wilko wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:13 am Nice fine balmy and calm morning after a couple mm in the bayside desert 🐪
Might go for a nice beach walk later 🌞
After nearly 10 inches in 5 weeks, and horizontal 3-6C rain for 18 hours, I'm ready to swap you!
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

Still pouring in Macedon, first day for a long time where i havent been able to do any work. Thank god for Mr Dimplex and an unending supply of Moccona haha.
Loving the rain, hope we get a very long wet cold winter.
Still under 4C at my place, 3.8C now. Such a shame that its too warm for snow, it would have been tremendous.
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
S
Sean
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Sean »

Gordon wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:09 pm
Wilko wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:13 am Nice fine balmy and calm morning after a couple mm in the bayside desert 🐪
Might go for a nice beach walk later 🌞
After nearly 10 inches in 5 weeks, and horizontal 3-6C rain for 18 hours, I'm ready to swap you!
It must be looking green your way, Gordon :)

Looks to be slowly clearing from the west after being stuck there all night and morning as if nailed to the ground.

I'm currently in a ribbon of clear air. Nowhere near 60mm, but a good rain none the less (you can tell when either side of the fence is sopping wet).

Hopefully showers persist throughout the day.
W
Wilko
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Wilko »

Macedonian wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:29 pm Still pouring in Macedon, first day for a long time where i havent been able to do any work. Thank god for Mr Dimplex and an unending supply of Moccona haha.
Loving the rain, hope we get a very long wet cold winter.
Still under 4C at my place, 3.8C now. Such a shame that its too warm for snow, it would have been tremendous.
Mmmm on second thoughts 8-)
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

The PWS on the eastern side of Trentham has just cracked 100mm since midnight :)

Main convergence is weakening as it comes down the northern side of the range but I have finally got to 21mm with light to moderate rain. Not surprising to see a minor flood warning on the Werribee river.
A
Adam38
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Adam38 »

JasmineStorm wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:13 pm The PWS on the eastern side of Trentham has just cracked 100mm since midnight :)

Main convergence is weakening as it comes down the northern side of the range but I have finally got to 21mm with light to moderate rain. Not surprising to see a minor flood warning on the Werribee river.
I live on a ridge just above the Werribee river, I can see it rising from here. Almost whiteout conditions here just now :o
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: Burnside Heights/Cowes (Home) & Sunshine West (Work)

Post by Skywalker »

Up to 26mm here. Best result since last year, so very happy. It's certainly been a long time between drinks. :P
This should set us up nicely for the rest of winter. :D
Caroline Springs, Melbourne's meteorological boredom zone.
s
snowfall
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by snowfall »

Finished up with 48mm here. Rain and fog all day, alternating between heavy and moderate falls. It looks to have cleared now, though still foggy. Currently 6c with a max today of 7c. I see some big falls were achieved a little further south where the heaviest rain trained for hours, including 100mm on a PWS near Bacchus Marsh.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Too southerly and then too easterly for the Dandenongs. We did ok with 4mm today and just shy of 17mm yesterday so event on ~21mm, but missed the big falls some of the earlier model runs had. MTD just over 30mm so off to a decent start.

Looks like a couple of days with the odd shower, then a nice Sat/Sun before something significant next week :D Hoping this more normal winter weather continues.

So good to see the western plains and west central/north central score after the ordinary start to 2019.
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

27mm for the thread. Great start to June.

Access C was the only model yesterday to get the intensity of 50 to 100mm but missed the more westward location of the intense convergence zone.
A
Adam38
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Adam38 »

It certainly was a wet day, some pws locally recording 90-100mm... my wheelbarrow is almost full with water, just incredible for June. The long term June average (1880-1962, station closed in 1962) is 38.2mm and the highest daily total for June in that time is 48.3mm, so quite unusual.
Last edited by Adam38 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S
StratoBendigo
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by StratoBendigo »

Adam38 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:49 pm It certainly was a wet day, some pws locally recording 90-100mm... my wheelbarrow is almost full with water, just incredible for June. The long term June average (1880-1962, station closed in 1962) is 38.2mm and the highest daily total in that time is 48.3mm, so quite unusual.
One possible similar event is the one in October 1983 that saw falls around 100mm in the Werribee River catchment.

Looks like some decent follow up for us this time next week. We've had 85mm since May 2.
P
PapaD
Stratus
Reactions:

Post by PapaD »

Ended up with 59mm. Both creeks which flow of the north side of Mt Macedon are flowing too.
S
Sean
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Sean »

Absolutely gigantic high pressure system looks to be moving in over the next couple of days, but seems to clear out pretty quickly :)

:raining: :raining: :partcloud: :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining: :partcloud: :raining:
^May this pattern continue^
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Couple more mm’s overnight. Cold morning now with 3C :D

Just the odd shower the next three days. It slowly goes swly with warm air advection kicking in so could turn drizzly for a period Wednesday into Thursday. Big high then for the long weekend. This coming system draws down some really mild air with 850Ts rising above 10C, and potentially topping 13C. Gotta be a chance for a 20C in Melbourne and low to mid 20s northwest and East Gippsland :?
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

I can't see it getting to 20 in Melbourne. The highest i see is a 17, maybe 18.

Meanwhile the blue mountains get another dumping of snow. I keep saying it's just shear bad luck that these events keep missing Victoria.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Gordon »

Another 11mm here, so a mere 43.5mm for the event - chickenfeed compared to some of the totals reported here, but over half way to our June average :). This system must win the award for biggest upgrade - at least for West Central.

Relentlessly cold too - mostly stuck on 3-5 C for the last couple of days.

And yes steveco, lots of pics on other weather forums of decent snow in NSW - Blue Mountains, Lithgow, New England etc and reports of snow in the usual spots in QLD. Meanwhile, the resorts look amazing, especially Baw Baw. A dream opening weekend coming up for them.

Almost time to dip a toe in the (abundant) water for next week's system? Looks good for more useful rain on WATL.
s
snowfall
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by snowfall »

More rain overnight, taking us up to 55mm for the event. Good start to June, with only about 20mm more needed to reach the monthly average. Currently windy with the odd bit of drizzle and 7c.