Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

So, I'm moving...

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

So, I'm moving...

Post by Meso »

to Queensland :woooo:

Missus has landed a job up there, so we have a month to get organized and make our way up.

I guess this means I won't have much to contribute to the Vic forums anymore. Will of course continue to post anything of interest from sunny QLD, tho. Looking forward to scoring my first big supercell up there! Hopefully they have a more active season this year than the last few.
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: So, I'm moving...

Post by daviescr »

Wow congratulations Meso - that's exciting news! Well done on making the move - and I hope you have a very fruitful storm season. Definitely keep posting your lovely pics.

I bet you won't miss these feral winters :)
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Hi Meso, can't wait to see your Qld storm pics. Congratulations on the move :) If you know Dean ex Mildura you'll be able to catch up
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Thanks guys.

Definitely won't miss shivering through days like today, all the while it was 25c up in Brisbane! Gonna miss the long summer nights though. No daylight savings will be hard to get used to.
Thunder
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Thunder »

So Meso where in the great state will you be planting your stumps?(<---yeah you read it right Victorians, the great state! :P )

No matter where you go I am sure it will be awesome and don't worry about the lack of DST, saves the curtains fading! :D
You're only as happy as you choose to be....I choose to be miserable! :-)

Rainfall Townsville 2013
Jan-301.6(276.4) Feb-63.6(307.1)
YTD-365.2(1150.9)

Rainfall 2012
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Hey Thunder, we're looking at the Middle Park/Jamboree Heights area, so about 15 hours south of you, lol. We chose that area as it close to the city without being too close (GF's job is in Toowong and I'm hoping to land a gig somewhere nearby), it's reasonably priced and seems like a nice place too (went up last wknd and had a bit of a look around).

Do you know much about the Brisbane suburbs?
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Best of luck with the big move,
Change is as good as a Holiday or so they say..
Yes sure will Miss your Photo's been great to see your photography take off in leaps and bounds.
Hmm Cock Roaches, Cane Toads, Stingers, sure there is more, but Its been a long time since Ive been that direction,
but the size of those roaches I will NEVER forget..

Cheers. !
Thunder
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Thunder »

Meso wrote: Do you know much about the Brisbane suburbs?
Not a thing... or not that much to be useful anyway, RWM would be the one to ask, Brisbane born and bred IIRC. I am "one of those" QLD'ers from the north! LOL!

Good luck and I am sure there will be plenty of photo oppotunities. :D
You're only as happy as you choose to be....I choose to be miserable! :-)

Rainfall Townsville 2013
Jan-301.6(276.4) Feb-63.6(307.1)
YTD-365.2(1150.9)

Rainfall 2012
b
blackmamba
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by blackmamba »

Wow! Congratulations.

Hope you love it up there.

Which area do you think you'll be living?
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Hey bm, we will be living in Springfield, about 25-30 mins from the cbd. Were putting our house in a shipping container on Monday and hoping to meet it up there by the end of the week (got an 18 hour drive to look fwd to!). All very exciting, but kinda stressful at the same time. I have a good vibe about the whole thing tho, looking fwd to getting up there and looking fwd to some better weather!
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Sad to see you leave the land of pyschotic weather Meso!! Congratulations on the move! I would totally be doing the same if I could! Best of luck up there and there is a million and one weather fans up there too!

Should be a nice storm season to greet you!

Thanks for all your contributions and chase reports!!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Cheers, Karl :)

Yeah, hoping for a big storm season up there to kick things off!

I'm not going anywhere in a virtual sense, tho. Will keep posting reports from the sunshine state.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

We would love to have another QLD poster on here, we have a few, and no doubt we will see some top notch storm chases from you. I bet you cannot wait!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

All the best Meso, will miss your Vic reports and will echo Karl's thanks to you for your fantastic contributions and entertaining stories :)

Looking forward to hearing from you up north, our loss is their gain. Can't wait to see you in the Qld boards :D Hope the move goes smoothly.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Cheers, Lily!

Well, the good news is we made it here after three days driving, the bad news is removalists have stuffed us around and furniture wont be here til Sunday! So we are roughing it for the next few days. Note to anyone moving - don't take the backloading option!

But the real good news is, I've only just arrived and we have a line of storms firing up to the west! I really just wanna kick back and get stuck in to a few cold beers (26c here today :D), but man it's tempting to go out for a drive! Should be some good chasing up here anyway, was taking it all in on the way up and there is a lot of hills around, but if you drive a bit further south of Brisbane there is some of the flattest land I've ever seen, miles and miles of it!

Will see how the night goes, might have pics to add to this thread.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Heyyyy, Meso! Glad to hear you've arrived safely. Gave me a giggle to read that you're tossing up between cracking a relaxing beer after a couple of huge days of driving... or go and chase. Love it :hysteria:

I've been in removals for years, I always tell my clients the golden rule = you get what you pay for ;)
b
blackmamba
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by blackmamba »

Three days of driving? Gawd. Couldn't tolerate that personally. :P
Good to hear you're there safe, Meso.