Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Welcome to our Weatherzone friends

Have a chat, coffee and let's laugh about what is going on in your world. You can also find 'Photography Central', 'AWF Member Photos' & 'Weather Sites/Links Australia'.

Would you prefer states/territories to be separate threads or combined (like they are now)?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Separated
86%
Combined
14%

Total votes: 28

28degrees
Cumulus
Reactions:

Re: Welcome to our Weatherzone friends

Post by 28degrees »

93ben wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:36 pmThey have been trying for years to get people from different states & territories but unfortunately no one else has found this forum.
93ben wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:36 pmIt just needs more users.
Us ex-Weatherzoners might end up fixing that. Hope it works out for both forums.
W
Weary
Stratus
Reactions:

Post by Weary »

Hi Guys, WZ refugee here
28degrees
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by 28degrees »

Weary wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:22 am Hi Guys, WZ refugee here
Now we just need some weather to talk about. 🙄
D
Dormant
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Dormant »

Bought dolomite, nitrofoska and sulfate potash yesterday and been running around like a scalded hen trying to get it distributed under all the things I figgered got leached out in the last year. So one more protracted drizzle would be good but don't blame me if it pours to finish the season. Or parches...

Could have put that in Tropics but it's lonely there...
28degrees
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by 28degrees »

Dormant wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:33 pm Bought dolomite, nitrofoska and sulfate potash yesterday and been running around like a scalded hen trying to get it distributed under all the things I figgered got leached out in the last year. So one more protracted drizzle would be good but don't blame me if it pours to finish the season. Or parches...

Could have put that in Tropics but it's lonely there...
Time we started getting more active here. But it hasn't even been cold enough to share a coldest temperature. Although, we did get some light misting rain yesterday afternoon. And I did find 1mm in the gauge - but that could be left over drips from when I washed the grit & cobwebs out.....just in case we got a millimetre of rain.
93ben
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by 93ben »

28degrees wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:04 pm Now we just need some weather to talk about. 🙄
Easy, just check the Victorian section. Wild windy weather atm.
ayasifiedshak
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by ayasifiedshak »

Hello all, another weatherzone Evictee here :D
Why is it in the era of "Time saving" devices, that people are more "Time poor" than ever?

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.
28degrees
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by 28degrees »

ayasifiedshak wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:35 am Hello all, another weatherzone Evictee here :D
Hi the YS or is it ays now? I'll have to change my predictive text. :D

Looking forward to some discussable weather now.
F
FNQBunyip
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by FNQBunyip »

:D

Hi Weather watches. Another refugee from WZ.

I see a good few names I recognise, Hope that the last drink you need for a while Dormant.

Cheers
D
Dormant
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Dormant »

Hey, Bunyip, I figgered you were still too boggy to get around everywhere though mine is gently sloping with a slight cant to one side emptying on the neighbours!

Enough rain for the fertilizers, it can dry up a bit now.
ayasifiedshak
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by ayasifiedshak »

28degrees wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:54 am
ayasifiedshak wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:35 am Hello all, another weatherzone Evictee here :D

I guess it is ays now :o couldn't use the @ or _ symbols either
Why is it in the era of "Time saving" devices, that people are more "Time poor" than ever?

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.
28degrees
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by 28degrees »

ayasifiedshak wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:28 pm
28degrees wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:54 am

I guess it is ays now :o couldn't use the @ or _ symbols either
That was my problem, but people had started calling me 28 in any case. I think I'm recognisable. :)
D
Dormant
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Dormant »

Oh to be 28 again...or 38..or 48...or 58...or..
S
Slovenski
New User
Reactions:

Post by Slovenski »

Hi all, just another WZ refuge seeker. Glad to see some familiar names, cant wait for our stormie weather.
So boring atm.
crikey
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: tweed shire NSW and nDUNOLLY.. Nth Central district VIC

Post by crikey »

Great to see more WZ rfcugees supporting Jakes' Australian weather forum.,Look forward to reading your posts.
Good to see we have taker for nearly all states and climate regions now. Except perth and WA. So here is hoping.......

Jake a question for you...
I am mindful of the fact that us forum users get many free says of entertainment on your forum.,Is there any way we can support you financially?
helping ,with costs of running a forum,,internet fees and even staff wages or gifts to moderators and owner for their time.
I notice you don't have a donations or subscription button.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

crikey wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:26 am Jake a question for you...
I am mindful of the fact that us forum users get many free says of entertainment on your forum.,Is there any way we can support you financially?
helping ,with costs of running a forum,,internet fees and even staff wages or gifts to moderators and owner for their time.
I notice you don't have a donations or subscription button.
Hi Crikey, thanks for the suggestion! While there is some cost to running a forum, we're certainly more than happy to foot the bill for the foreseeable, so there is no need for our users to pay or donate :P If users want the ability to donate, we could look into it, otherwise we're happy with the current conditions and set-up. All we ask is for everyone to play nice together (which everyone generally does)! :D
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
S
Sean
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Sean »

93ben wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:36 pm Just been reading through a post on Weatherzone (http://forum.weatherzone.com.au/ubbthre ... 1501819/10) and people have been saying negative things about this forum. I wanted to register an account on Weatherzone but it appears they have closed that.

This forum has had its arguments over the years, people have left but they have come back. People are very informative and passionate on this forum hence probably the reason why conflict happens. This forum may seem inactive but that's because it's mainly Victorian users on it. They have been trying for years to get people from different states & territories but unfortunately no one else has found this forum.

An influx of users signing up to any forum at once would cause delays in accepting due to the number of people and the automatic spam bot.

I have been on and off with this forum for ages but I keep coming back for major events as that interests me the most. Everyone is friendly and welcoming to new users. Jake & Rivergirl do an amazing job for this forum. Most of the other users are always contributing. I'm sure you'll love the forum if you give it a chance. It just needs more users.
Climate change was an issue there as it's been an issue here. But it went far beyond that. It became a right versus left, countryman versus urbanite battleground, where the term 'political correctness' was thrown around ad nauseam (like much of the Internet these days).

Can only see what happens. Their 'alternatives' thread is already meh. I'm not scared of right wing opinion. I lean right on certain issues, but I don't need the far-right conspiracy BS, which you could often see sprinkled about on that forum.
m
marakai
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by marakai »

Hi all :)
Another WZ refo here.

Nice to see some familiar names/people and an open effort by the owners and community here to accommodate WZ users even to the extent of running poll's to make changes to accommodate us all as well. Great effort and big props to you all for doing so.
I personally find this site a much better fit than the other one so far but that is just a personal opinion as I've only just signed up to both after well over a decade on the WZ (Traitorous swine that they became after so many years) site.

I look forward to catching up with my local weather watchers here in the near future.
m
marakai
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by marakai »

Sean wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:46 am
93ben wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:36 pm Just been reading through a post on Weatherzone (http://forum.weatherzone.com.au/ubbthre ... 1501819/10) and people have been saying negative things about this forum. I wanted to register an account on Weatherzone but it appears they have closed that.

This forum has had its arguments over the years, people have left but they have come back. People are very informative and passionate on this forum hence probably the reason why conflict happens. This forum may seem inactive but that's because it's mainly Victorian users on it. They have been trying for years to get people from different states & territories but unfortunately no one else has found this forum.

An influx of users signing up to any forum at once would cause delays in accepting due to the number of people and the automatic spam bot.

I have been on and off with this forum for ages but I keep coming back for major events as that interests me the most. Everyone is friendly and welcoming to new users. Jake & Rivergirl do an amazing job for this forum. Most of the other users are always contributing. I'm sure you'll love the forum if you give it a chance. It just needs more users.
Climate change was an issue there as it's been an issue here. But it went far beyond that. It became a right versus left, countryman versus urbanite battleground, where the term 'political correctness' was thrown around ad nauseam (like much of the Internet these days).

Can only see what happens. Their 'alternatives' thread is already meh. I'm not scared of right wing opinion. I lean right on certain issues, but I don't need the far-right conspiracy BS, which you could often see sprinkled about on that forum.
Hi Sean

I'm from WZ and have had many discussions with Knot (the person you quoted above). I was also active in the Climate Change Forum on WZ long before it was shut down years ago. Knot was not about back then and is about as middle of the road as they come when it comes to such discussions in any case.In my opinion Knot is open and forthright on all scientific discussion no matter what the subject. Knot is a mine of information to do with Seismic Activity.
m
marakai
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by marakai »

Apologies Sean
On second reading it was not you who was quoting Knot but 93ben who you quoted.
Sorry for the misquote on that.