Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Dedicated GPS

Upload a picture and share it with us. Of nature at it's finest!!! Remember there is more on this earth than weather!!! The world is literally your frame.....
w
wolfcat
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Dedicated GPS

Post by wolfcat »

Up until this morning... when my new toy arrived, I would create track files on my phone ( previously an N95-8gb, using sports tracker ), then with my HTC Desire, using My Tracks, which I would export out as GPX files, then merge the GPX Files with the Raw images to insert the geodata...

but no more...

Now I have a dedicated GPS for the camera... ( My gps count inc my wifes phone is now, 5 :-) )

After a quick play it grabbed my location in under a minute ( when its last location was China ), elevation seems to take a few min to settle down... but more reports on that later...

Here is my Solmeta Geotagger Pro mounted on my D90 (Click for bigger )

and as you can see in the image, the Nikon shows the geodata when you look at the image.... my work flow just got a lot shorter.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Dedicated GPS

Post by Meso »

So it adds the location the photo was taken to the exif data? I'm a little confused sorry!

Congrats on the purchase tho, you seem pretty happy with it :)

How much extra weight does it add?
w
wolfcat
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by wolfcat »

yes, it writes lat, long, alt and heading ( so I know which was I was facing ) and speed to each shot. This is straight to the raw shots as well as the JPG shots as I shoot raw/jpg

it only weights 55grams so isn't noticeable on the camera really.
AUSSKY
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUSSKY »

and the scarey question is ......how much??
Australian Sky & Weather (AUSSKY)
Victoria - The State of Drizzle & Occasional Tornadoes
(1999 -2016)
w
wolfcat
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by wolfcat »

and $300 was the cost....

about the same price as the nikon gp1 model, but does a lot more... and the gps is way betterer as well :-)

mine also has data logging functions as well, plus the display and heading and tilt (and an inbuilt battery), none of which the GP1 does. So I am happy with the price....

but please feel free to visit my redubble account ( in the sig ) to help me pay for it :-)
w
wolfcat
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by wolfcat »

first initial review of the device is up on the blog...

so far so good...

http://www.wolfcat.com.au/randomrants/2 ... stid-1559/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;