Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

2010 Federal Election

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.

Who will you vote for

Labor
21%
Liberal
57%
National
No votes
Greens
14%
Independents/Other
7%

Total votes: 14

Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

2010 Federal Election

Post by Blackee »

Unless you have been living in a cave, Julia Gillard has called an election for Saturday, August 21 2010.

Question is who are you going to vote for. Cast your early vote here and feel free to have your say as to who will win.
(Remember to discuss/debate the topic/issue and not the poster! ;) )
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

Re: 2010 Federal Election

Post by schitzengiggles »

I'm very much a swinging voter, but this year I think I'll vote Green. I think the Greens come up with some absolutely fantastic policies, and some that are absolutely woeful. In my view, it'd be a scary world if/when/where they got into power, however I think if they had some power, there could be a Green "thumbprint" over any of Labor's policies which I think can only be a good thing.
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

Post by schitzengiggles »

I kind of like the way Joyce, Fielding & Brown had has much clout as they did during this term.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Really interesting times John!
I bet if you scripted this to Julia before she took the knife to Rudd, she may have had second thoughts.
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

An interesting take on our recent election with a uniquely Taiwanese slant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osmHnFv4juc
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Haha.

Go the Liberals!!

But seriously, very interesting election period. Never seen this before.
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Sniper wrote:I bet if you scripted this to Julia before she took the knife to Rudd, she may have had second thoughts.
I really think how Julia came into her PM-ship left some people with a bad taste in their mouths. There were plenty celebrating her as the first female PM for Australia, but around and about the place in talking to people, I sensed a bit of bad feeling about this too. Hindsight's a beautiful thing... I think they were too quick to call the election, if they were going to ditch Rudd, it should have happened a good six months or more prior in order to allow Julia to entrench herself in people's minds.
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

I bet if you scripted this to Julia before she took the knife to Rudd, she may have had second thoughts.

If she hadn't of then there would be no doubt that Tony Abbot would be the PM right now.

But yes it's going to be an interesting few months ahead of us. And agree, can't see with so many differing views of the Independants how it's going to work with either party forming a government. Remember the ex National party members left for a reason so IMO doesn't garuntee they will support the Liberals. Pity more Greens didn't get in, naturally they would have supported Labor but I think they would have been the party most likely to make a hung parliament work. I daresay we will be facing another federal election in the near future. :(
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

The move was Union driven and now things are going pear-shaped for Shorten and his cronies!
Why is there such a fuss about the relationship between GG Bryce & Shorten? Only because if Julia gets elected PM, Shorten will then let the dust settle and then pounce. It's all about factions, Rudd had little if any support in NSW and other key factions, Julia has some support, Shorten has much stronger support.

Costello' quizzing of Shorten late on Saturday night was brilliant, however Shorten was playing the very diplomatic straight bat, something he does not like at all. His handling of a simple question of his involvement of Rudd' demise was quick interesting and disturbing should this man become PM.
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

At the end of the day Kevin Rudd performance or lack of put himself in the position to be knived, oustest, toppled - choose your headline!

An unbelievable demise. Really given his popularity he could have gotten away with doing very little in regards to policy etc. to have stayed in government. I'll be very interested to hear what happened behind the scenes that got Kevin in the "knife in the back",etc, etc, position. I daresay we have only heard very little of the entire story.

But really what a mess this country is in! The rest of the world must be looking at us & scratching their heads. :?
brayden
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by brayden »

US style hey? Maybe Australia could make some history with a war of independence and then a civil war (starting with QLD since their talking of splitting north and south) lol
"I'm in with the sane, does that make me Insane?"
"I lycra like that"
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

I think the answer is the Sex Party!

If we are going to be screwed over by politicians we might aswell enjoy it!!!!!!! :sccary:
brayden
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by brayden »

haha WA will be known for its roo cavalry and QLD for its pineapple artillery, those shots are sweet governor lol and what about NT?
"I lycra like that"
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

That's interesting reading TU, unfortunately it doesn't make things any clearer!

Bob Katter's support of Sir Joh does confirm my suspicsions that he is a bit of a nutter. At least the Green & other Independants seem to possess "some" intelligence.
brayden
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by brayden »

lol Bob Katter has the potential to get on a few youtube clips (prob. already does). I want to see him impersonate this:

"I lycra like that"