Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Insurance

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Insurance

Post by Blackee »

Last night I received a letter from Australia Post, who now offer Insurance.
I am currently with AAMI, but am thinking of changing.

Has anyone taken up their insurance with AusPost or do you deal with another company that is looking after you well? My main concern for Insurance is full coverage for quality house replacement in case of fire.

Discuss.
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Insurance

Post by Lily »

Having had to claim for two lots of storm damage, two cars written off (one storm, one car rolled off a mountain due to black ice) and two substantial burglaries, I would be sticking with companies that offer a good service when you need to make a claim. It's a false economy to go for the cheapest insurance and even comparing the different products' covers is not the be all and end all. It's when you make a claim and how they respond to your claim that really matters.

That's my advice, anyway :P
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

I'm sure you've stated it in previous threads Lily, but who are you insured with?
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

GIO. They've been absolutely brilliant with every claim until this one. This time they've just been too darned snowed to be able to respond well to it, so they've dropped the ball on this occasion. But then, so have many other companies. Until the hail event, I couldn't have recommended them highly enough, but with this claim they've not been nearly so good to deal with. That said, as things slowly, slowly move towards some sort of resolution, they are being reasonably generous and responsive which is good. Just a long time coming is all. Our total claim is heading up towards the $100K mark now :?
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Im with Calliden and have Elite Care Home and Contents Insurance, Ive just recieved my renewal to find that it has now gone up from $959.00 last year to $1448.00 this year. the basic defined events policy is $1107.00. GRRRR.