Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Series of weak troughs with some showers and storms: November 17-22

Event discussion and analysis for Victoria and Tasmania, including day to day weather.
Forum rules
When posting photos, particularly in active breaking weather threads, please link to clickable photos to minimise download issues. For more information, see Posting Photo Guidelines for more information. Threads that are six weeks old or older will be Archived Here
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Series of weak troughs with some showers and storms: November 17-22

Post by hillybilly »

Bit of an in between system with a series of weak troughs for late in the week into next week. Will be mainly a QLD and NSW system, but Vic and TAS both get a bit. Pretty mild overall for the southeast, and not much rain, but being slow moving and quite humid some will do ok.

Will get hot late next week, so good to get some rain (fingers crossed).
Q
QldTwister
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Re: Series of weak troughs with some showers and storms: November 17-22

Post by QldTwister »

Cool to cold, sometimes mild, and boring 7 to 10 days ahead, actually more like 2 weeks. :( :( :( :(
Long run of S to SE winds ahead, lots cloud, few light showers, mostly dry, cool and boring. :(

Good rain and storms in SA, NT and espically Qld and northern NSW next 2 weeks lucky them, heavy falls in Qld maybe some flooding by end of month up there.

Missing the hot, humid, stormy weather last week, think have to wait till Dec for any real warmth :( :(

Cool lovers im sure loving it heat and storm lovers like me not so much.
Bring on the heat and stroms
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Got a couple of coldies here yesterday, though overall the system was too westerly for here. Heavy showers about the far southwest and Bruny but not much else. Kunanyi scored a few heavy snow showers, but only settled for a few minutes.

Troughs for most days in the next ten days but not much in it. Mainly going to be a NSW and Qld event.
s
snowfall
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by snowfall »

Not much to report weather-wise. Mostly cloudy with cool southerly winds this week, as we're mostly under the influence of a persistent ridge extending across southern Australia.

Was hoping we might at least get some drizzle overnight but nothing eventuated here, though a few showers east of Melb. It's likely to brighten up a bit over the weekend. It's dry but at least we're not under raging, hot northerlies, which are never good at this time of year.
j
jimmyay
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by jimmyay »

I always find this kind of weather quite peculiar but I don’t dislike it. We’re weeks away from summer, the UV is super strong, the sun is shining and it’s generally pretty peachy, but if I’m not in the sun, I’m frozen by windchill, if I’m in the sun, I’m burning. Almost feels like “alpine” type weather.

It’s very Melbourne.
Q
QldTwister
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by QldTwister »

Yeah so true that wind is cold but the sun is hot could be worse but could be better in S to SElys for next 7 to 10 days :( :(

BUT big upgrade in models for Vic this arvo will it Hold.
Fri through Mon even Tues could be wet and stromy for many BIG stroms on Sat and maybe Sunday on and North of ranges could see some beasts

Melb should at least get a storm and few heavy showers if current pattern holds over weekend into next week but we on edge most days which means get nothing as sure Slys win out they almost always do :( :( :(

Huge 2 weeks in NSW and QlD 50 to 150 for many and some get over 200 from drought to floods they got but all fires be out in a week.

Mallee also could get very wet late week not good for harvest
Bring on the heat and stroms
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

A cool cloudy few days in southern TAS but potential rainfall largely fizzed. Fortunately have a real event brewing now for the last week of November. Do need a system to round out the month. Is going to be a big system for most of eastern Australia.