Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Deep slow moving low with rain, snow, gales and storm surge: August 17-24

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Deep slow moving low with rain, snow, gales and storm surge: August 17-24

Post by stevco123 »

Rivergirl wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:13 pm Our next door neighbour had a large Blackwood come down. Fortunately it fell on his property as he has massive pines on our NW side so always fearful in these winds They are huge and was watching them when those bad winds came through

We were without electricity for 22 hours. Also the NBN was affected. We can't drink the water up here. They mentioned on their web site all the suburbs in the hills except for Sassafras and Ferny Creek which was crazy cause they wouldn't give just us special water. When someone in Ferny Creek made a comment they said that they were having trouble with their website etc. We still haven't received their sms but I have been boiling the water
In case anyone missed it, pretty much all of the eastern and northern suburbs need to boil their water for now, not just the hills. Anywhere from Craigieburn down to Glen Waverley all the way to the hills. There is a widespread list on the internet.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

2 friends have lost their homes. Emerald and Belgrave, Nigel on the news.
Noticed a sign @ Yearing was bent over and twisted - Wind ?
Was trees down from Mansfield to FTG.
Reading some places still have no power and talk of till Wednesday for Burke Rd FTG,
Others on Community notice boards saying stuck in homes no power no water,
Lines are still down think mentioned was 8 homes only a few Kim's up the road from here.
Park next door lost 3 trees added to the 2 last week through all that rain..
B
Blackie
Reactions:

Post by Blackie »

Gordon wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:03 pm
Great pics. My childhood home was at the base of Mt Timbertop - I've climbed it about 30 times at last count :). There's also lovely little snowplain just east of the summit towards Doherty's Road. Also Rhyolite Falls on the north face. Never get tired of that mountain; a real island in the sky.
Great place to live Gordon. Didn't know about those little gems either.
Cold and foggy start here with a light frost currently 3c. Should be a beautiful blue day.
f
flyfisher
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by flyfisher »

My house was partially destroyed by multiple trees. Spent days dealing with the mess but it’s uninhabitable. I was on the news several times over the last few days.

My new roof destroyed, right through to the floor boards. We are lucky to be alive, it was that extreme.

Facing six months or more renting while the house gets rebuilt.

2020 sucks.