Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

VIC: First week of Feb 2019 - A break in the pattern, hot then showers/storms

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: VIC: First week of Feb 2019 - A break in the pattern, hot then showers/storms

Post by stevco123 »

I dunno... i can't see what everyone else is seeing. It's all too unorganised. Nothing exciting. What am i missing?

Seems to be dissipating
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: VIC: First week of Feb 2019 - A break in the pattern, hot then showers/storms

Post by mick »

You will get plenty of rain when you are asleep.
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

Nice rain here for the last 90minutes.
No storm, thunder, lightning or wind.
About 6mm.
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
H
Horts
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:
Location: Safety Beach (Home) / Mount Waverley (Work) / Cowes (Beach House)

Post by Horts »

Rain under 1km away to my West, South West, North West, North, North East and South, yet not a drop has fallen haha.

Ahhh ya gotta laugh :D
S
Sean
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Sean »

stevco123 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:18 pm I dunno... i can't see what everyone else is seeing. It's all too unorganised. Nothing exciting. What am i missing?

Seems to be dissipating
For a moment there it looked to be organising, was half expecting it to suddenly plume, but meh

Pretty boring stuff, except for a few spots out west. A nice drink for drought inflicted areas though.

Maybe tomorrow will be better? Doesn't appear to be much cloud behind this front, ergo more sun
t
tonycynic
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by tonycynic »

Few flashes and rumbles here and RAIN. Love it. Still more to come. Bed time with rain on the roof. Score.
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

Lucky i watered that garden ay?
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Brief storm here, but not much in it :( So over this weather. Had about ten storm days in the last six weeks with an average of about 2mm per storm day.

Can’t really see more than 5mm here overnight, but geez be happy to be proven wrong :(

>Edit 2.2mm from that cells :roll:
T
Timster
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Timster »

7mm..... Bah
Hoping for some more but at least everything is good and wet now. Puts a damper on the fire season for a little while :)
H
Horts
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:
Location: Safety Beach (Home) / Mount Waverley (Work) / Cowes (Beach House)

Post by Horts »

Still nothing down here, has been all around us it's just been one of those days. Really unlucky. Looks as though I'm in line for about 30mins from now but yeah who knows.

I'll take 2mm at this stage, anything.

Time to throw the sprinkler on, again :(
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

Lightning and thunder here, but light rain.
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Gordon »

Up to about 10mm of steady rain here, no real storms.

One of the more confusing weather days I can recall - monster cells forming, dying, moving in every direction; steady rain stopping then starting; windy, dead calm, windy. Most models and forecasters as confused as I am!
J
James
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by James »

nothing here but a light sprinkle, should have watered the garden - but it looked like monster storms were approaching!
Supercellimpact
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Supercellimpact »

StratoBendigo wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:44 pm Now up to 14mm with soaking rain. Might get close to 20mm.
Up to 8mm at my place.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Getting rumbles here from the cells that have popped up over the northeast burbs. Only about ten minutes out, and still building. Fingers all crossed.

Locally, has been 5-7mm along the front face of the Dandenongs so far and less than 1mm on the back face. We’re inbetween.
H
Harley34
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Harley34 »

To those that missed out, so did i. Here in Melbourne, we sat on the finish line of those storms from the NW. Previous comments mentioned the trough west, so today was going to be a stretch for cells in C areas. The satellite imagery did look intense some hours ago, but now it has just died in to rain.

The trough looks to turn to a low, as it dips south towards the westerly belt. Fronts ripping up over the next few days, but that tasman high is blocking. The position of this high has allowed better influence from the tropics. It is always appreciated when the monsoon shares some of its flavour with the sub tropical and semi arid areas...
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

10mm on the knocker. More than i had hoped for.
15mm this week so far.
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Couple of huge fangs here, and torrential rain now with fog. 7mm now, that’s a couple of days watering avoided :D
Onetahuti
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Onetahuti »

1.8mm may reach 2mm, sadly garden will need a soak in the morning even if rain is forecast again for tomorrow.
H
Harley34
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Harley34 »

Some rumbles here with spots of lightning, but they really are collapsing at our doorstep. Rain is falling here from deteoriorated cb and cu clouds. Look to tomorrow from midday onwards or from the middle morning, convective or not...