Announcement:
The forum will receive an update on Saturday 15th December 2018 at around 9PM AEDT. There may be a short outage period while this occurs.

VIC - Mild, windy with the odd shower: September 9-14 2018

Australia's breaking weather thread! Post an update on the weather in your region, discuss the latest breaking weather, or simply share a forecast or an observation.

Moderators: mad*moo73, Jake Smethurst

Forum rules
When posting photos, particularly in active breaking weather threads, please link to clickable photos to minimise download issues. For more information, see Posting Photo Guidelines for more information. Threads that are six weeks old or older will be Archived Here
JasmineStorm
Supercell

Re: Mild, windy with the odd shower: September 9-14

Post by JasmineStorm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:42 am

Nice Gordon. Snow flurries here yesterday evening and then a little dusting of snow on the vehicle overnight. 2nd year in a row for September snow here.

Wilko
Supercell

Post by Wilko » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:55 pm

God It was sooo cold at the G last night
I have never been so cold at the footy before even at AFL park
The temperature combined with windchill was crazy
The Pies win however warmed us up in the last 👍

jimmyay
Cumulus

Post by jimmyay » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:14 pm

:D yes great result. it was indeed absolutely freezing there - about 5 degrees and the most icy wind blowing around the G. I swear I have never felt colder in Melbourne than last night at the footy.

Gordon
Supercell

Post by Gordon » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Another snow photo from my place while we wait for the next lot of interesting weather. About 3-4cm of snow fell. Hard to believe this was yesterday morning!

I see that a number of once-a-decade or so minimums were reached in many places yesterday, so it was cold!

hillybilly
Senior Moderator

Post by hillybilly » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:08 pm

7mm in FC for the last day and a bit.

Max yesterday of 8.9C and minimum of 0.8C. We had a couple of showers with a temperature below 1C so suspect flurries but no one around to see them.

Monthly certainly changeable but rainfall is shaping up very poor at this rate :?