Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

VIC - Series of fronts ending with cold outbreak: June 11-18 2018

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
W
Wilko
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Series of fronts ending with cold outbreak: June 11-18

Post by Wilko »

19.6mm overnight
Total event 36mm :D
That should be it for Highett with the Southerly airstream now
Didjman
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Didjman »

FLASH BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B
Blackie
Reactions:

Post by Blackie »

About 20mm for Elwood overnight with some thunder earlier today. 😁
s
snowfall
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by snowfall »

Narrow but quite intense convergence line up through the western suburbs to Melbourne airport and beyond. The airpot has had 17mm since 9am. Showery here, with some graupel mixed into the last shower.
D
Dane
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Dane »

Been dry here since about 8am - with quite a few sunny breaks
different to the Northern burbs
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

A few km's too east of the convergence line. Would have to be 30mm in some spots under it since 9am. Can hear some rumbles.
Go the bombersss!
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

So is that it for the area om between the two stream zones (west metro and south gippsland?)

Or is there still the possibility of getting some additional precipitation to top things up?
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
H
Hunter1890
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Hunter1890 »

BoM has updated their forecast as well as post a road weather alert... I must say I believe they should have done this quite a few hours ago. Will be interesting to see some totals from the western suburbs. Possibly up to 50 mm locally
-Budding Climate Nerd-
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

Steel Creek in Essendon West rising rapidly, approaching 2.5m and going up at 20cm ever 6 mins. Could be getting close to some roads. Raining heavily here again with the band moving east. https://www.melbournewater.com.au/water ... er/230236A
Go the bombersss!
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

Just saw some nice pics of snow at Harrietville. The road up to Mt Hotham would be fun today :D
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

Hunter1890 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:47 pm BoM has updated their forecast as well as post a road weather alert... I must say I believe they should have done this quite a few hours ago. Will be interesting to see some totals from the western suburbs. Possibly up to 50 mm locally
Too bad it's a one size fits all forecast. Even having heavy rain forecast for cranbourne and Scoresby - areas where it hasn't rained in 5 hours. Unless that band moves east then there's no chance. Quite a nice day in fact.

Bom must be expecting rain ti develop all over. Their road weather alert is for ALL suburbs. We'll see.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
S
Sean
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Sean »

Another fairly disappointing system down this way. A good 15mm yesterday, but could do with a lot more.
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

Sean wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:44 pm Another fairly disappointing system down this way. A good 15mm yesterday, but could do with a lot more.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's disappointing ( 23mm is pretty good for june), for me it's a failure on the bureau's part. I really wish they would go back to forecasting 4 times a day instead of 2. And as was mentioned by others earlier, they really need a east and west forecsst. A lot cities in the world do it.
S
Sean
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Sean »

stevco123 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:09 pm
Sean wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:44 pm Another fairly disappointing system down this way. A good 15mm yesterday, but could do with a lot more.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's disappointing ( 23mm is pretty good for june), for me it's a failure on the bureau's part. I really wish they would go back to forecasting 4 times a day instead of 2. And as was mentioned by others earlier, they really need a east and west forecsst. A lot cities in the world do it.
I just want more.. I want it to rain all day. I want to hear the pings and tings of tiny hail on the window.. I want a system like the one that hit on Christmas day, but in winter this time!

One can dream :D

Also, 2010-2011 seem so long ago now.. It's high time we had another few years of wet. It's already mid june and I've only just cracked 200mm.

C'mon La Nina :bringiton:
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

Just tipped out the gauge and ive had 65mm for the dates on this thread.
Still hammering down here and showers of small hail and windy as hell.
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

2mm more here since 9am, but overall just too southerly now for us with the Tasmanian rainshadow kicking in. Not expecting much more now.

Made it out to Donna Buang. Snow was lying to about 900m, but it was drizzle right at the top :? Thankfully quite light when we were there, though apparently it had rained very heavy earlier in the day. Classic wrap around of milder air with this low which is why the temps and snow levels are rising :( Lots of water lying in paddocks so been a really good event for topping up the soils. Strong creek flows, but no significant flooding (in part because it’s been pretty dry YTD out there).

Was about 15cm of snow at the top. Here’s a photo near the summit.

s
snowfall
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by snowfall »

Been raining all day here, and still coming down, with another heavy burst as I type. All up 34mm so far since midnight, which brings the event total to 56mm. Thankfully the wind has died back a bit this evening. It was howling for most of the day.
occluded
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by occluded »

Just tipped out 43mm from the manual gauge for the event. Not too shabby.

A few local drains blocked up and overflowed with the heavy rain this morning, causing a few houses to flood.
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WeatherViewer »

It's been raining here all day on and off. Very heavy at times and still chucking it down as we speak.

My rain gauge is not the most reliable and only ever under estimates. Since midnight it is showing just over 32mm and it's still raining.

Not bad for Tarneit! Loving it.
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

Around 35mm for here for the thread, a nice little extra drop yesterday with the southerly feed getting over the range. Solid falls around yesterday’s convergence zone.

I’m only 20mm off the 100 year average now for June 30. It all works out in the end :)