Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

AFL 2010 Forum style

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Re: AFL 2010 Forum style

Post by Blackee »

Ablett out of Sunday' game against Richmond with "hamstring tightness".
Hmmm, could be a little bit more behind this!!!
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

I reckon your right Wes...i will let you know.

EDIT: Nothing in it Wes, not that my source knows of.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Had an awesome day at the G today, one of the best atmosphere's in the 3rd quarter that i can remember in many years, with both sides surging at various stages.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

It was electric that last 15 minutes today @ the G. Great to watch.

Need the Lions to win this weekend coming!! Dismal 2 weeks.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

:hissy: :greencon: :dunno: :cry:
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Impressive performance Anth! Challenged a number of times, only to win by 9 goals. Thinks looking very positive for the Pies!!

As for the Hawks, they are G A W N. Can't wait for Saturday arvos game to watch Cox & NickNat destroy Suzie Renouf. Pelchen is in the gun for not trading for a ruckman. Clarkson is also in the gun after admitting he is flat and at a loss. No time to rest, action must be taken NOW!!
s
samueliza
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:
Location: Point Cook- or somewhere in Northern or Western Victoria!!!

Post by samueliza »

yep sniper- i agree. Looks like my little 4 year old has picked the wrong year to start going to the games with dad!
Clean out required at glenferrie. Schoenmakers, Murphy and Roughead must go-constant errors. So furious with them. They'll win this week cos Jeff has put the pole up em, but it shouldnt take that to play with a bit of courage and determination. Thank God for Hodgey, cos otherwise we'd even struggle against the tiges!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Hawks have reacted strongly by axing four players, including Lewis & Osborne. A strongish statement from Clarkson.
As much as I'd love to see the Hawks win, I cant see us beat a struggling West Coast at home. Good luck to Muston in his first game for the year, and to Renouf who will be battling Cox & Naitanui...

Game of the round is Geelong vs Sydney, with the return of Lil Gaz and Scarlett. Sydney are very workmanlike with some stars dotted in the squad. I'd expect the Cats to prevail by 30 points. Another game of interest will be Frmantle @ Brisbane. The Dockers are on the rise, whilst the Lions will want to arrest a 2 game losing streak. The Dockers will have their hands full matching up Brown and Fev, whilst Vossy will lose sleep trying to combat Sandilands and Pav. Tipping the Lions at home by 25 points.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

The Hawks are back baby!! :?
A long winter ahead for the 2008 premiers who should have lost to the winless Tigers yesterday. Only pieces of brilliance from Hodge & Rioli kept the Hawks afloat. The Tigers showed some signs of improvement, especially their youngsters and key position backs and Jack Riewoldt. Their match this week against Essendon will be a beauty!

The match of the year is this Friday night with the white-hot Magpies up against Geelong. Channel 7 have done the right thing already announcing that the match will be shown live from 7.30pm (Much to the angst the Better Homes & Gardens followers). Weather looks grewat, will be 90k people to see the match. Don't expect many changes to either side (maybe Podsiadly in). Still think Geelongs defence is better than Collingwood' and will prevail by 10 points.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Will be a ripping match Wes and i will be there in M18 10 rows from the fence. Will be huge.

All of our games we have run our opponents off their legs with our 18 man rolling zone, be interesting if Geelong can counter that and hurt us on the scoreboard. Someone will eventually, hopefully it isnt this Friday night. Team that wins the most ball will win IMO.

avweatherforecasts.com
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

The Pies were given a reality chack on Friday night. They slipped back to their defensive, around the boundary gamestyle, which Geelong has forced them to do of late. A couple of Collingwood players have a few demons when fronting up against the Cats, and I expect Leon Davis to be sent back to the seconds.

Having said that, the Pies should return to the winners circle when they play the injury stricken Brisbane Lions. Big Jono Brown is crocked and should have a fortnight off, or surgery to fix the groin. Further bad news with Vic Captain Jed Adcock hurting his foot. They cannot take a trick!!!

The Hawks returned to some sort of form, belting the Blues by 50pts. The gang-tackling and general "un-sociable" football was back as Carlton had no answer to the Hawks pressure. At 3-6, the Hawks are still a way off the pack, but they have Sydney, Port Adeliade & Adelaide all at home or at Tassie. The final round before the break is against Essendon, so there is no reason they can't win all 4 matches and head to the break 7-6.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

I got on and cleaned up Wes you will be happy to know...and im tipping you will get done this week. Just a feeling.

avweatherforecasts.com
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Anthony Violi wrote:I got on and cleaned up Wes you will be happy to know...and im tipping you will get done this week. Just a feeling.
Good lad. I hope you got minimum $3 mate. ;)
I am less confident than I was against Carlton.
Sydney are very disciplined and if we do get wet weather, that will suit the Swans to a tee!!
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

I got them at $9.50...particularly poured that i only put $20 on. Had 4 bets the last 4 weeks after not betting for a year. Had idle money in my TAB account..

Carl first to 25 pts vs The Aints...win
Geel to win outright...win
Haw first to 25 against Carl...win
Haw over 39...win

I think with our game it showed that you cant leave Geelongs defence unaccountable. They set up regardless who they play in the same way. To beat them you need to bring a 1 on 1 contested brand making them accountable. otherwise they will carve up any team. Having said that, if we had of kicked straight we would been 30 points up in Q3 leaving them something to think about. So we arent to far away, but until we beat them in September it doesnt matter.

avweatherforecasts.com
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Go the BOMBERS!! 1 right, 7 to go!! :)
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Go the mighty tigers! First win of the season, first for 13 weeks of whatever it was. The team is really starting to come together. They were hard at the contest today, record breaking tackle count, Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt, Deledio, Newman, Tuck all fantastic. Young first year players like Nason, Webberley etc, look really good. Not as bad as many make out down at tigerland. Hardwick is doing an excellent job. Having said that they will still be thumped in future games this year and lose many more but I fully expect a few more wins and some more competitive scorelines. Next year will be another major step up IMHO.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Andrew, congrats on the win over in Adelaide!!
A sweet victory for the boys after a tough few years.

No surprises in today' results. Calton & Fremantle easy, whilst the Hawks made hard work of beating Sydney. Franklin back in the headlines again, reported for head high contact against Mattner. Didn't look much, but will get 1-2 weeks.
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Problem with Franklin is he is building up a real history of these sort of offences. Whilst they are at the lower end of the scale, AFL have cracked down really hard in the last year and prior record will ensure 2 weeks I reckon with a guilty plea.

North Melbourne are in serious trouble atm, just showing a real lack of passion and effort I reckon, not sure if Brad Scott is on the right track with how he is managing the team and has perhaps rated their list higher than it actually is, expected them to coast through to finals and the players might be coasting as well as a result of this. :? Should be doing the Hardwick thing and rebuilding the team from the ground up, that includes culture and game plan. Hawthorn came back down to earth a bit after last weeks big win just edging out Sydney at the MCG, they are in a fair bit of trouble with Campbell Brown out for up to 8 weeks apparently and Franklin out for the next 2 I would think. Carlton seem to be going alright but probably only around 7th-10th standard.

Essendon are the danger team IMHO. If you look through their results for the year they have actually been pretty good. They have beaten St.Kilda, Bulldogs and Carlton and weren't disgraced against Geelong in Round 1. They have improved heaps since round 6.
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Few pics from yesterdays Hawks vs Sydney game, was dark conditions for most of the game and they did not have the lights on.

Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Steve, you weren't lucky enough to get a photo of Carl Petersons hanger??? 8-)