Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Warm to hot and unstable: Feb 6 onwards

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
j
johnno
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Warn to hot and unstable: Feb 6 onwards

Post by johnno »

We can forget about 36c at OP today at this rate may even struggle to get to 30c, shallow change which wasn't picked up by the models accept ACCESS which only had mid 20's temps at the top end of the bay today and near Olympic park has come through keeping the northerlies more inland.
j
johnno
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by johnno »

ACCESS has been the best of the models last two days it was also the closest yesterday in predicting the cooler day only 27.8 in the end when other models and BOM had 32-33. The stronger & cooler southerly will move up the bay next 3 to 5 hours
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: Burnside Heights/Cowes (Home) & Sunshine West (Work)

Post by Skywalker »

Yep, have just noticed the BOM have adjusted the forecast max temp for today to 27. :hysteria:
Caroline Springs, Melbourne's meteorological boredom zone.
t
tonycynic
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by tonycynic »

27 in the city sounds nice, just turned 36 here.
Bearable with a glass of white wine on my day off. 8-)
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Just gone past 30C here with a DP of 19C. That's about 36 or 37C sea level equivalent. Dead calm... nice beach day if only we had one :P

Waiting for this hot humid pattern to break down. Things are uncomfortably dry up here now with next to no rain for a month.

Moderately hopeful that Fri/Sat and Sun/Mon may bring a bit. Today... probably our best chance is drizzle and fog overnight. Nice storms out eash again :roll:
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

only 24.1 in the city and stinking here @ 35.4 C
D
Dane
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Dane »

Very humid today and of course a big temperature differential across the suburbs.
Bayside suburbs were just in the high 20's, (27 at OP Moorabbin and Frankston) while outer suburbs were in the mid 30's.
Reached 32.8c at my place in Cranbourne before that southerly arrived just before 3pm and dropped the temp several degrees.
Storms again over the eastern ranges, look like they will continue there for the next few days.
Looks like it will remain mostly fine over greater Melbourne area with the best chance of rain later on Friday particularly over the Northern and eastern suburbs.
Is it my imagination are are summers in Melbourne gradually getting more humid?
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WeatherViewer »

Dane » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:07 pm wrote:
Dane wrote:Very humid today and of course a big temperature differential across the suburbs.
Bayside suburbs were just in the high 20's, (27 at OP Moorabbin and Frankston) while outer suburbs were in the mid 30's.
Reached 32.8c at my place in Cranbourne before that southerly arrived just before 3pm and dropped the temp several degrees.
Storms again over the eastern ranges, look like they will continue there for the next few days.
Looks like it will remain mostly fine over greater Melbourne area with the best chance of rain later on Friday particularly over the Northern and eastern suburbs.
Is it my imagination are are summers in Melbourne gradually getting more humid?
Yeah you are right about the different Temps around Melbourne today, I work on St Kilda Road in the city and it was definitely under the influence of the cooler Bayside Temps.
At home in Wyndham Vale it reached about 33.5C but mainly under a SSE tending Southerly breeze all day, I suppose the higher temps were due to the fact Wyndham Vale is further inland away from the Sea Breeze.

Dane I agree mate, I to think Melbourne is getting more Humid in Summer.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

I drove from Ferny Creek to the city at 3.30pm today and noticed the difference - 30 at Ferntree Gully dropping to about 22 in the city.

I lived in Sydney for 33 years and noticed when I moved to Melbourne that Sydney was getting more and more humid and tropical like Qld. I've been here 31 years and have noticed that Melbourne is becoming more and more humid. Once upon a time driving from Sydney to Melbourne was like going back into air conditioning
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by I_Love_Storms »

Friday afternoon to Saturday morning looks stormy and wet EC and GFS have about 25mm for Eastern subs. Maybe more or less as it will be very convective Friday with a lot of instability depends how big and widespread the storms are
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

Amazing footage of sea fog moving into the CBD at 2pm. I saw it on channel 7.i know it seems weird for us outer suburbans coz it was sunny the whole day, but didn't anyone else see it?
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

stevco123 wrote:Amazing footage of sea fog moving into the CBD at 2pm. I saw it on channel 7.i know it seems weird for us outer suburbans coz it was sunny the whole day, but didn't anyone else see it?
I could see it in the distance from up here in the Dandenongs stevco123, have seen it before when a cool change moves up the bay and shrouds the CBD in fog.
A cool dull start to today up here, much better for working in! :D
All models seem to be onboard for some rain late Friday into Saturday now, with 10-20mm for here, but GFS as usual is going gangbusters for 50mm or so!
Fingers crossed, we really need it now.
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by I_Love_Storms »

Friday at 8pm purple indicates severe storms likely, red indicates severe storms possible...Pretty sure there will be a lot of rain either Friday night or Saturday morning as GFS and EC both sticking with good falls. Hoping for an inch.
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by I_Love_Storms »

GFS are giving us a smashing tomorrow night into Saturday. About 50mm now!

G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Forgive me if I get a little bit excited with the forecast for the next 3 days! :bringiton: :mexicanwave: :woooo:
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Forgive me if I get a little bit excited with the forecast for the next 3 days!
Me too. Been a long dry time between "drinks" for us. No really scorching days, but lots of warm/hot ones.

Got a little drizzle this morning and fog, again showing how humid this system is. Meanwhile, couple of showers gone up fairly close to Melbourne in the past hour - couple near Mt Buller and a couple in the Yarra Valley. ACCESS and GFS want to push showers overnight into the Dandenongs so have the fingers crossed...
T
Tassiedave
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Tassiedave »

Is it likely that the anticipated 90000 people at the MCG for the big clash between Australia and England on Saturday will see much cricket?
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

Be no problem with the cricket.
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Tassiedave » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:31 pm wrote:
Tassiedave wrote:Is it likely that the anticipated 90000 people at the MCG for the big clash between Australia and England on Saturday will see much cricket?
The poms will be praying for rain! ;)
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didjman
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Didjman »

Can see what looks like a convergence line going up along the Otways!
Peter