Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

The Weight Loss Journey!!

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: The Weight Loss Journey!!

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Good to see you smashing it through the week Shell especially outdoors in the warm to hot weather! Sweat it out.

Another 50km of cardio this week, one session spent in the thunderstorms of Thursday.

Still struggling to do much more with weird times of sleeping and the work being all at night, making it hard to find time.

But another 4 weeks.... and I will be back to a normal life :)
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

sat didnt get the 1.5hr walk in.. just the sprint session with the 200m burbee's
burbee then frog jump on so on.. first 5 to finish then we all stop. otherwise Id be still at it now..
did long track @ steps today. left it a little late as was a bit too warm..
trying for the 5.15 tonight..
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

fall off the horse, time to get back on..
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

back into it today.. No more backwards Burpee's for me..
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

still into it..
loved yesterday session 50 mins with 3kg dumbell each hand and box.. arms even fell great this morning..
although I did struggle with superman with dumbell in arms out front, have to work on that one..
Moo.. hows the 12WBT ?
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

survived, yesterday, and today was 8kg kettle bell session.. I did take the backward lunges a bit easy tho.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

sprints for weight loss, resistance sprints and bur pee',s squat,s push ups and more sprints..
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Hi Shell :)

I'm doing well, the weight is still coming off at a steady pace am hoping at next weeks weigh in I will have lost a total of 10kgs!
Did a spin class yesterday & lived to tell the tale. My fitness is really improving which is good. I got a polar hrm for my birthday & a fitbit too which are helping get my butt into gear.
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

exercise and more, till today.
did a pump class for a change yesterday and decided today was a day of dusting, will have to make up for it tomorrow..
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

I hear pump classes are pretty hardcore, not brave enough to try one yet. Pleased to report as of today 10kg is gone for good! :D
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Weighted lunges with one foot up on a step seemed to do the trick on my butt cheeks thats for sure,
not hard core, give it a go, you start off unsure and just use the bar with no weight on it.
just have some different weights next to you to alter as you go. I don't really like that you don't really warm up so my suggestion would be do some warming up somehow b4 a class if a beginner.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

still at it, slowed the pace up a bit, weight is still here, wish i had a magic wand, I'd zap it on some body parts..
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

OK, time to come out of the closet. I joined a gym in January. One of these new 24hr ones. No commitment, no silly routines, just pure and simple motivation.

A bit of history - 5 years ago I was a lot fitter, under 95kg and in training for the The Age 10km run. Just 1 week before the big event I ripped a hamstring, and stopped all exercise dead. Did nothing for the next 5yrs and boy does it show - topped 115kg just after last Christmas, sweated after walking up my driveway. Seriously think I was a 6-pack away from a heart attack.

Being the stubborn sod that I am, I didn't want to even think about a medical check up (totally stupid, I know), so I joined the gym, and slowly but surely I have managed to dig myself out of the pit of lard I was stuck in.

Believe it or not, that first day at the gym I went on the treadmill ( I actually love running) and (i'm serious here) could not jog for more than 30 seconds before my heart felt like it was about to pop. Managed 1km in total with several pauses in the middle, and 14 minutes.

Well, tonight was a special night. just 2 months since that first night, I made it to 3km in 24 minutes, no mean feat, and, well, my weight is steadily dropping off, touched on 108kg this week.

I's like say I feel amazing, but have the left overs of a chest infection so fighting the urge to cough my guts up is not pretty....

Wish me well on this journey, i want to be able to keep up with my 3yo son now he's learning to ride his bike!
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

bout time I had someone to play with.. Good on you Chris..

keep it up.. its tough at times but kids can run bloody fast and you have just enough time to be a tad in front of him,
if not close enough range to dive tackle him to the ground.

My arms are looking better every day if only legs and arms would meet in the middle a bit quicker..

keep updating your efforts.. got a head cold here which is a bugger.
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Welcome Chris :D Can most certainly relate to struggling with the running & well done on the progress you have made. I am really enjoying cycling ATM been doing spin classes at my gym plus a 20km bike ride each week. Went along the Eastlink trail on Good Friday the three over passes in a row almost killed me but I survived. Have lost 11kgs now in a bit over 2 months, all the clothes that were tight are starting to fit me which is nice!
apocalypse
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by apocalypse »

Not game to get on the scales after eating all this chocolate over easter, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 7kg I've lost since Xmas show itself again. Think it's time to start walking and running now that it's getting cooler (I die in the heat - yes I'm a sook lol).
Nathan Morris
2013 Rainfall
Jan - 3.8mm
Feb - 27.0mm
Mar - 0.0mm
YTD - 30.8mm
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

been sick....... and yep.. Im in the same boat.. back into it monday.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Come on Guys.. whats been going on..
ok. week before last 6 sessions in one week,
this week only 3, mind you there was some birthday recovery going on,
slight injury, ovr stretched glut and hamstrings.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

well after the 6 then the 3 I managed a 9 session week, few double days,
just finished this week off with 6 sesssions.
Moo... ? anyone out there.. I trust you Karl have been still going hammer and tongs..
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Hello Shell.

I have returned from my hiatus. But I have been exercising a heap.

Weightloss is now at 22kg. Nearly 10 months ago I started. Heaps of work and hard fought times at the gym, running and eating healthy. It is amazing the changes you can make if you can put your mind to it.

ATM I am doing a lot of working out in the cardio area still and now moving to more resistence training. It hurts bad but it is worth it coming into summer when I can make nudity legal lol! :P
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com