Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

The Weight Loss Journey!!

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
apocalypse
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Re: The Weight Loss Journey!!

Post by apocalypse »

I've made some good food decisions this week, like eating healthier breakfast and lunch and more fruit, but also some bad ones like eating a whole packet of turkish delight tim tams in a day! Guess I'm not ready for the deep end just yet.

I went on a 6km walk/run last night and I was so proud of myself because I jogged half a kilometre without stopping. Was a good boost to see how far I had ran! In the afternoon I walked 5.5km around the lake with Mum which we are now doing twice a week.

There's a cool app you can download called Sports Tracker which gives you a map of where you've been, distance, speed, time, charts of speed and elevation, and energy burnt. Very handy to see what you've done and go one up the next time. It tells me I burnt 700 cal yesterday so I am happy! :)
Nathan Morris
2013 Rainfall
Jan - 3.8mm
Feb - 27.0mm
Mar - 0.0mm
YTD - 30.8mm
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Great job! Aim for 2km in the next week or so!

Did a 6km run this morning in the highest heat I have ever experienced. Was really hard work. Few weights and then a nice breakfast with tropical fruits!! :)

Now watching the clouds rise and fall
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
apocalypse
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by apocalypse »

I will be walking around the lake tomorrow, so 2km should be covered. Just hope my legs don't feel like they've been hit like a bus like they do today! Definitely needed a rest yesterday.

Mmmm tropical fruits sounds nice! Don't know you can run in the tropical heat though. :)
Nathan Morris
2013 Rainfall
Jan - 3.8mm
Feb - 27.0mm
Mar - 0.0mm
YTD - 30.8mm
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Ran 8km yesterday in oppressive weather! Need to certainly take the drink bottle with you in these conditions! Foul!

Get out there today guys in the awesome weather! Also take advantage of walking in your local reserves and tracks in the rain as they are usually quieter and more tranquil!

Going back out today for another session in the heat and lots of reps to be done!! Got to maintain the body :P I have been enjoying my food this weekend - lots of BBQs with the weather nerds up here!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

So did another 10km run in Darwin on Monday and ended up doing another 10km walk last night after the storms cleared through here in Melbourne. Who says you cannot exercise and travel!!!

Eating was fairly good on the weekend given it was holidays. Lots of drinks though in the heat! But it was great to relax!!

Back to clean eating and water this week and training ahead of the run this weekend!
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

onto it.. just too busy..
one week of 8 week WL to go.. so 2 big, one hour, one on one's.

more to come when i have time.. good to see your post Apocalypse, keep it up..
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Another 10km walk last night which was good. I was rather lethargic but still went on it.

Off to the gym tonight!
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

10klm runs... WELL DONE.. that is huge..

I got a 5klm run and 4klm walked the rest, once my legs and arse felt it.
up to date with my Reps and boxed yesterday and today..
got to go hard this week.. dont know how but I have too..
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Yeah it has been tough this week! I am really struggling, I guess with the flying and the travel and non stop leading into this weekends huge run! I wonder if I can do it!? Should be a good experience anyway!

I did a few less reps today just to conserve energy and will pick them up next week as I allow my legs to recover.

Up to 16kg lost now!
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Your Flying now.. Im only at 6.. but heading into record numbers for the last many years..
had 1 Hr PT today. all good..
Thay Jacket that never did fit, well it fits..
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

the problem I now have is... my clothes look like violets as they are too big.. :o
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

sat boxing class was like bootcamp, grab a log and do sit ups, still holding that log do burbee's. then run with it and at the island hold it above your head and run, then do more and more and more oh yeah hold it out the front and squat and squat and more squats and then just hold the squat position with it out the front till he says stop.. and then there was the tyre drill and I wasnt sore from the friday session I sure am now from the sat.
Sunday love it did the steps its a pleasure to do them these days, just wander up and down.
back to the garden to contribute to yesterdays improvements.

hows was the run..? was it the city to surf, ?
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

OK so I survived the City2Sea race this weekend!

Ended up with a time of 71mins for the 14.4km track! I placed 419 in my age group out of a few thousand and ended up 2100/12500 entries! I am also now seeded for next years race as I finished in under 75mins!! :)

So it was a great result! Smashed my PB by 4 mins!!

Resting up today but back to the gym from Tuesday. More cardio but bigger focus on weights!
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Well Done... great effort, thats one long run..

sunday morning steps.
Monday morning 50 mins boxing with all Tabata,
2 x sets of reps.
then monday 5pm 1 hr pt sessions, theya re getting easier every time.
tuesday 50 mins boxing with lots of punching.. was great. burbee - with a press (pushup) then a clap above head. working on these.
then reps. so up to date on reps.
had another little w/loss and tomorrow is the end of the 8 week challange..
who will be the winner....??
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Keep smashing the reps!! That is where y4ou will lose the kg and get much more lean muscle on your frame! It is where I am seeing the most results at the moment. The cardio is allowing me to keep my metabolism and cardio health up so it burns what I eat, but the reps are sculpting my body! I can see the fat falling off!! :)

Back to the gym tonight with low impact cardio and weights to be had!! :) Might even go for an evening stroll if it is not too chilly!
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Seems to be only the 3 of us reading..??? Robyn's away so she wont be reading.
but gee Im pretty happy with my arms.. and I can do pushups.. FULL PUSH UPs Even one legged...
woo hoo..
I saw Jason filming a vid today that when i see it I shall share, tractor tyre and sledge hammer..
Nathan I will pass on some pics via PM when i get a second..
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Australis(Shell3155) wrote:Seems to be only the 3 of us reading..??
Hey! Just because we're not posting doesn't mean we're not perving on you 3!!! :roffl: :hysteria: :laughing:
It's like a long running soap opera, keep it up, you're all heroes!
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is the new place where I have been doing my PT's and reps after a class at the old place.
Karl I know they have some come and try 10 day pass's coming so I'll grab you one, Geoff you can have one too.

another one in the new Fitlife. FTG..
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Aaah, thanks for thinking of me Shell, but I'm only watching you lot to see how you're getting on. If you only knew - I get that sort of workout 7 days a week looking after 10 acres of gardens, I'm all skin and bone - ask Karl! :laughing:
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

OK I will try for December Shell when I have a full seven days in Melbourne! I need to change it up a bit and get the stubborn areas shaped!!

Did a 10k run last night and managed that in 48mins so I was really pleased with that. Back to doing more weights as well and pushups, burpees and situps!

Bit sore today, but back to the gym for a 10k row and 25k on the X-Trainer!

Thanks for links Shell!