Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Christchurch Earthquake 22/2/11

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Christchurch Earthquake 22/2/11

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Kens name comes up a lot, mostly not in his favor.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

In regards to Ken, I saw I think it was on the the Herald Sun website, him predicting another major quake near the same region in about 2 weeks. Not sure if I trust his forecasts because I have heard some dodgy things about him, but it was an interesting read. I will see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here it is here, http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaki ... 6015375215
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

An intriguing twist to come out of the Christchurch quake http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/827497 ... n-nz-quake" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Suspected Israeli spy killed in NZ quake11:57 AEST Wed Jul 20 2011

A suspected Israeli spy was killed in the Christchurch earthquake which claimed the lives of 181 people in February, New Zealand media reported on Wednesday.

The Southland Times reported that one Israeli crushed in a van was found with at least five passports and was part of a group suspected of trying to hack into the police computer system.

New Zealand Prime Minister John Key told the media he would not comment on the reports in detail, saying it was not in the national interest.

Key did confirm that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had rung him four times on the day of the quake.

Three Israelis who escaped from the van in which their companion was killed reportedly left the country within 12 hours.

There were also reports of a confrontation between armed New Zealand police and an unaccredited Israeli search and rescue team in the disaster zone.

Mossad agents were caught in 2004 and convicted of identity theft for illegally obtaining New Zealand passports.

Israeli Ambassador to New Zealand Shemi Tzur said he was angry and upset at the suggestions that spies were operating in Christchurch and said he would respond in detail later.

The New Zealand Police said they were confident their computer systems had not been compromised.