Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Rhino Has Returned

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Rhino Has Returned

Post by Rhino »

G'day guys. I know this is'nt the place to make myself known again, but mods can move it if they want, or just build a bridge and suck it up. :P :P
Just a quick post to let you all know what's going on. Well as you are all aware Carisbrook was thumped bigtime. Have had just over a foot of water go through the house and side and back fences flattened, but really apart from carpets, doors and just a few possesions we have got off pretty easy compared to others. Kitchen and skirts will need fixing over time and insurance assesor seems really confident with our claim so will see. Biggest problem at the moment is more to do with living arrangements and just daily routine but things are getting better. Living with family at the moment and that really helps. Still have internet here but only out here once a day to check emails and such. Would like to thank all who sent private messages and wellwishes on the forum, and this certainly won't change my view of the weather, still love it, and could have been a lot lot worse and the community spirit here is massive. Will talk to you all soon, and thanks to all. :) :)

Rhino. :) :)
H
HarleyB
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Re: Rhino Has Returned

Post by HarleyB »

Rhino, I'm so glad to hear that your ok and that thats all the damage that you had, as you said it could have been a lot worse! :) Glad to see you back mate, take care of yourself and I hope you can get back into your routine as quickly as possible. That's all I have to add, so good luck with the recovery :D
melsy
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by melsy »

Thanks for the update rhino and glad to hear you are ok.
Got friends who have been through the same thing in Skipton.
Stay safe and hope everything gets better for you soon.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

I heard the news while I was away Rhino and everyone up north was thinking of all the flood victims in VIC! What a hard time it has been for you all and hopefully things can dry out a bit as we near towards the colder months!

This place has helped a lot of people so to all who have contributed through forecasting, getting warnings up from the BoM, talking about the rainfall and what to expect, and with the reports and live updates. Thanks!!!

Hope you can get back on your feet soon mate and thinking of you and the family!!

Karl
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Thank God man, we have all been hoping you were ok.

Good to hear you survived the biggest flood in history.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Good to hear all is OK...
j
johnno
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by johnno »

Glad to see you back mate! What doesn't break you makes you stronger :)
T
Timster
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Timster »

Welcome back! Glad you're OK, and that the damage was only moderate. Hope it doesn't rain too much next weekend now....
M
Madmel
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Madmel »

Good to hear from you Rhino!
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Rhino, yay, you're back! So good to hear from you, we were hoping you were ok buddy :D Anything you need?
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Rhino »

All OK here Lily. Things are progressing here and the locals are getting back into some routine. Will still be a while until we move back home but things are'nt to bad. Will keep all up to date but only have sporadic internet access so not posting as much as I would like, but slowly getting into the swing of things again. :) Thanks for all the wellwishing to guys, makes some harder days easier to cope with. :D

Rhino. :) :)