Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

What gets your goat?

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

What gets your goat?

Post by Blackee »

This thread is all about letting off some steam, what annoys you about things you see, hear or watch.

I'll start with 2 classics.

1. When driving home at dusk, seeing dark coloured cars driving with no headlights on. :cussing:

2. When a phone in the office rings and rings and rings, for like 20 rings. You pick the phone up on the persons behalf and the caller asks if the person is around. I feel like saying, "Well if He or She was in fact sitting at their workstation, do you think they would let it ring 20 times!! :x
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: What gets your goat?

Post by Lily »

OMG. Do you really want me to answer this? I'm a wife and mother, 'nuff said (Shell, RG and Moo amongst others will get what I mean I'm sure LOL).

I'll try and keep away from family related "Goat Getting" and instead stick to something I've already whinged about here:

Roadworks signs demanding you slow down, when there's no roadworks in sight! Even worse when you get slowed down for "ghost works" and then there's no sign to increase you back to your original speed - so then you're just guessing as to what speed you should be doing.

Really gets on my nerves :x

Oh! Door to door sales people - they get on my nerves big time!

Oh! And people driving when disqualified, or drink driving, particularly when they have passengers in the car - that REALLY makes my blood boil. Such a selfish act.

I'd better stop now :P
r
rikjpool
Storm Chaser
Reactions:
Location: Home: North Bendigo-just behind Lake Weeroona, Vic. Work: 1.5Km SE from Bendigo AWS

Post by rikjpool »

Biggest one from me would have to overly impatient drivers.

I had some idiot middle aged woman in a 1tonner yesterday afternoon come screaming up behind me and sat right on my arse for a good 200meters honking her horn and flashing her lights at me, and then decided to overtake me on double white lines, absolutely screaming past whilst flipping me a pretty bird. Then 1km up the road I see her getting out of the car and head into the fish & chip shop. And all this happened in a 40KPH (constant) sign posted school zone at 2:30pm.

Bendigo is known as the Hoon Capital, and I tell you what its really becoming it for a reason, and I'm getting reallllllly sick of it.
I live in a world where I dont see to believe, but I believe to see...
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

There's some good ones here.

Sniper
1. Yeah or people driving in heavy rain/storms with no lights on, very dangerous.

Lily
Door to door sales people - they get on my nerves big time!

Yeah and how about those annoying calls from overseas always trying to sell you something (oh but you won a holiday lol), I got to the point where I pretty much told 1 Indian to F... off. A few times I've answered, put music on and walked away lol

Rikki
Biggest one from me would have to overly impatient drivers.

That annoys me to, people tailgating you when your already doing the speed limit. What I do to these people is brake check them lol, most of the time I drive with left foot braking so it's really easy to hit the brakes and accelerate at the same time. I only do this if someone is driving far to close and it usually works as they back off. It's funny I learned to drive like that years before I got my license from driving simulations on PC where your braking and throttle reactions need to be really fast.
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

I am the mother of a 13 year old female! I could dedicate a thread to her antics but instead I will give one example. Daughter informs me she wants to go shopping at Southland with her friends. OK with me had nothing else planned. Madam walks out in a pair of jeans & a singlet top!!! This was on saturday, the temp. here was about 10 degrees! Tell her to put a jacket or jumper on. Looks at me like I just informed her I will be sending her to a convent to finish her education(I may still do that). I haven't got any tops mum, yes you have & proceed to produce half a dozen. And now the tears. Tears because I asked to put a warm top on. Tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To her disgust she changes her top, hops in the car & wouldn't talk to me the whole way to Southland. All this drama over a long sleeved bloody top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

ROFL!

Who's willing to bet that a certain 13 year old young lady, upon arrival at Southland on Saturday, immediately took off said long sleeved top the second mum/chaffeur service was out of sight?

Sooooooooo looking forward to teenage years :? :P
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

Tell you what gets on my goat. The news media. Just watched 7 News, reporting on the planned police blitz on knives - doing spot searches. Great, that's ok. But they go one step further and announce exactly where the blitzes will be - every inner suburban rail station between now and 10pm tonight. Way to go, idiots.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Chris I agree with you. It was outrageous and somewhat sloppy journalism!!! Go and report on something more worthwhile!!!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
B
Beatrix Kiddo
Stratus
Reactions:

Post by Beatrix Kiddo »

daviescr wrote:Tell you what gets on my goat. The news media. Just watched 7 News, reporting on the planned police blitz on knives - doing spot searches. Great, that's ok. But they go one step further and announce exactly where the blitzes will be - every inner suburban rail station between now and 10pm tonight. Way to go, idiots.
The law regarding knife searches requires searches to be publicly announced when & where they are happening. Stupid i know, but thats the law. They even put signs up at some stations indicating when they will be searching.
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Had to laugh at 7 news tonight. Lead story was that Dannii Minogue was having a baby, then it was today's Ben Cousins media throng, story about nothing. Later on they had Lindsay Lohan's court case and verdict and Zac Dawson leaving court after being fined for driving whilst suspended. Could barely find a genuine news item amongst all the trash. Of course after that you get half an hour of the complete mindless trash that is Today Tonight. Channel 7 seem to be competing with channel 10 for who can appeal most to the lowest common denominator.
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Even channel 9 had a live cross to the hospital where Dannii had her baby - like who gives a .....ck!!!!!!
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Thats one of the reasons why I don't bother watching the news most nights unless I want to see a report on something specific which I usually use the internet for anyway. I mostly get sick of hearing negative stories, something bad has happened somewhere or people have been killed etc etc. One of the good things about going camping (especially on the coast one of my fav places) without having a TV to watch is you don't care or worry about what else is going on in the World, just relax and enjoy yourself.
P
Petethemoskeet
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Petethemoskeet »

All the ads on tv telling us all about the evils of speeding,so the govt can justify all the cameras they have now
Bl**dy mob of wa**ers
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

LOL!!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
H
HoldenV8
New User
Reactions:

Post by HoldenV8 »

Hi, I am also here to fulfill the request of my daughter, she is asking for Christmas gift and I am confuse what should she needed. What about rugs? if I gift her a good rug?
I just buy one rug online in Australia for my office.
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Hi HoldenV8 and welcome.
There are some really nice rugs for kids in Ikea, have a look at this...http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/categ ... les/18774/.
All the carpet stores should have kids rugs, even Bunnings have a few.
Not sure if I were a kid I'd be too impressed with Santa leaving me a rug for Christmas though! :)
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180