Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

w00t!

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

w00t!

Post by Lily »

OK, my husband thinks I'm mad and nobody else gets this so I'm going to have to share with you lot :P

The loss assessor came out today and has agreed to cash settle on parts of the claim including replacing my weather station, I was so pleased! I've felt a bit lost without it this past fortnight and I was so annoyed to find that after all that had happened, not only was everything around me broken, but I didn't even have any data recorded - it was the icing on the cake lol.

Anyway, the lovely Aussky has helped me out tonight and I've just ordered a Davis Vantage Vue http://www.vantagevue.com/products/index.asp

I'M SO EXCITED! :mexicanwave: :cheers2: :banana: :brightbanana: :guitar: :redguy: :peaceout: :stir:

And now I can't sleep :rotfl:
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: w00t!

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

I had thought it was only the wind thingiomebobsie thing that had been broken but at a closer glance the 3 things that spin have had a Hail stone bite also, so will be waiting to see what is mentioned from the my insurance company.
Envious... :popworm:
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Oh no Shell! Yours is pretty new too, isn't it?
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

found the receipt it was purchased in august, I recall as I had it but it wasnt up for all that big wind that ripped out our gum tree back 25th aug.. weve had some interesting weather events.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Can you put it in as part of your claim, Shell?
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

for sure.. giving it my best shot anyway..
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Will you be claiming a "thingamibobsie"? :rotfl:

A girl can't live without thingamibobsie's, you go GIRL! :laughing:
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

IT'S HERE!!!

:mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave:

Thank you so much Jane/Aussky, brilliant :D
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

well..?? How is it... ?? have you installed it yet.. ?? the new thingiemebobsie.. ??
Brad da broker.. has said go out and buy a new one and he will then pass the reciept onto Calliden,
So Im going to go for an upgrade as mine didnt give me any rain fall under 0.5mm which I wasnt too happy about.. or wind gusts, only had wind speed.
So Im about to contact Jane for a price.. and have a read through the details of yours.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Oooh, yes the thingamabobsie is just luverly :) it even smells nice (yes, I sniffed it, the family think mum's finally lost it) :laughing:

Not yet completely installed, have to get kiddies to bed. Is Brad Da Broker your Insurance Guy? Your Insurance Guy sounds pretty cool, mine's a Barry. From Noo Zulland.

Jane, if you're reading, we just happened to have some 3cm plumber's pipe hanging around the house, but it's not very long, would only be about 120cm, is that enough do you think?
AUSSKY
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUSSKY »

Delighted you're having fun playing with your new toy :D

120cm would give you enough if you can fix it to something else like a fence - if you want to concrete the post it'd need to be at least 150cm (pref 160cm)
Australian Sky & Weather (AUSSKY)
Victoria - The State of Drizzle & Occasional Tornadoes
(1999 -2016)
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

It fits in the umbrella stand *taps nose* I'll give it a try, see how it goes and whether it's level in that, if not might have to pop down to Reece :thumbsup: