Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Smilies

Keep up to date with any changes, new developments & upgrades that have been made to the forum or website.
admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Smilies

Post by admin »

Well I've been adding lots of new smilies tonight as you can see. I have also added smilies for Christmas and above those are weather smilies. If you find some of the more active group ones down the bottom are driving you cwazy, just yell out
:partymany: :mexicanwave: :jumpingmany:

Robyn :xmas:
Follow us on Twitter @ AusWeatherForum
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Smilies

Post by Jake Smethurst »

You have done a great job Robyn. ;) We are all very happy with what you and Karl have done to this forum. A big thank you from me!!! :mrgreen:

PS ... I just have to put this one on ... :fighting:
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by admin »

:wave: Aw thanks Jake :) Glad you like the light sabres, I have one on my iphone :) it's fun. If there are any smilies that you or anyone would particularly like, please let me know and I'll add them. It's fun :mexicanwave:
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Still adding the new smilies I see. Thanks so much! There awesome! :) And my cousin has the light sabres on her Ipod Touch ... so cool! Haha. :cheers2:
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Hey Jake,

I wanted to bring the best ones over from the old forum cause I love the one you used :cheers2: and also :lol: If you see any around that you would like added just save them and send to me. Yes I love the light sabre on my iphone, I'm just a kid at heart :guitar:

Robyn
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Robyn,

You have done amazing work!!! Thanks for the time invested into making this place shine!!! :jumpingmany:
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Thanks Karl :) It's a great place here :partymany:
r
rikjpool
Storm Chaser
Reactions:
Location: Home: North Bendigo-just behind Lake Weeroona, Vic. Work: 1.5Km SE from Bendigo AWS

Post by rikjpool »

Hey, im a big fan of the smilies, but i was wondering if we could change the layout of the "post" page. Extending the 'post a reply' box to the edge of the blue area, and move the smilies so that they are underneath the "post a reply" box? I thought that they might fit better, and we wouldnt have to spend 5seconds scrolling down the page to ge to the submit button. Is this cool?
I live in a world where I dont see to believe, but I believe to see...
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

I would agree if this is possible to change, can we change it?? I love posting while out on the road from my Iphone but find it difficult to send sometimes as I scroll for hours trying to find the submit button.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

I really don't think this can be done but I will have a look in the next few days. If it's a no go I will delete half the smilies especially the large ones. I have noticed the same problem myself so totally understand
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

I'm sorry I've been right through the admin panel today and can't find a feature anywhere to do as you request so I have deleted all the long and bigger smilies. Have a look and see if this is acceptable. If it's not please let me know and I will delete the next largest ones which are :aussie: :bringiton:
D
Dez
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Dez »

Hm.. i maintain a phpbb3 board of my own and remember an option you can adjust to change what smilies are shown on the 'post a reply' page.

You go into the 'Administrator Panel', then go to the "Posting" tab. Then click on the 'Smilies' button to the left column. Then you should be able to see a list of smilies. Scroll down, and under the list there should be a button called 'Edit smilies'. Click on that, and there'll be a table showing the list of smilies and a column that says "Display on posting page" I think if you untick that, it will make it so then there's a button to press on the posting page, to show all the smilies on a new pop-up window. So yeah, if you want to do that then you can just untick all the smilies that are probably uneccesary for people who want to do a quick post (like the dancing banana, person playing the violin, etc.) and leave the more useful ones there.

But if you were aiming to just get the smilies under the text panel, maybe try a different skin/style/template/theme.
admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by admin »

Wow! Thanks so much Dez. I'm hesitant to change the skin so have instigated the change you suggested with the smilies. Now you just get a couple of smilies and underneath a link to View more Smilies. I knew enough about forums to get this one started but there are some things I need to learn so I appreciate your help. Might call on you again soon :)

Thank you :brightbanana:
mutley
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by mutley »

Appreciate the mod. Huge improvement on usability :D
D
Dez
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Dez »

admin wrote:Wow! Thanks so much Dez. I'm hesitant to change the skin so have instigated the change you suggested with the smilies. Now you just get a couple of smilies and underneath a link to View more Smilies. I knew enough about forums to get this one started but there are some things I need to learn so I appreciate your help. Might call on you again soon :)

Thank you :brightbanana:
Oh wow nice job :) Looks very neat now. Your welcome.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Good job on the site!!! Thanks Dez and Robyn!!!! :)