Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Quality home station with cam - advice please!

All general weather related discussion & questions, including model discussions, longer-term outlooks & anything non-breaking weather.
B
ByronBased
New User
Reactions:

Quality home station with cam - advice please!

Post by ByronBased »

Hi guys, newb here. Looking for a good home station and from reading previous posts probably favouring a Davis. Is there a model that I can link to weather underground type sites and that I can add a cam to. I’d like to stream the actual weather images from my place as well as the conditions.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Re: Quality home station with cam - advice please!

Post by hillybilly »

Byron,

If you can afford it I'd go for a Davis Vantage Pro2 or Davis Vantage Vue. They make the best consumer instruments. I've got one of the Pro2 which has proven very reliable.

The only downside is they are a bit harder to get onto the web. You could also look at the wunderground recommendations – see https://www.wunderground.com/weathersta ... gguide.asp

The "best" way to get the Davis online is through Meteobridge (google it). It is a bit fiddly, but not too difficult.
B
ByronBased
New User
Reactions:

Re: Quality home station with cam - advice please!

Post by ByronBased »

Great, thanks hilly. I’m looking at your suggestions. Is the Pro MUCH better than the Vue? There is a big price difference. Have you set up a camera through th Meteobridge?