Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

2019 snow events for SEQ and Northern Tablelands

Event discussion and analysis for the storm valley of Australia, northeast New South Wales and southeast Queensland. Including day to day weather.
Forum rules
When posting photos, particularly in active breaking weather threads, please link to clickable photos to minimise download issues. For more information, see Posting Photo Guidelines for more information. Threads that are six weeks old or older will be Archived Here
ColinMaitland
Cumulus
Reactions:

2019 snow events for SEQ and Northern Tablelands

Post by ColinMaitland »

Even though the season is half way through, this thread is for any possible snow events for the remaining season. There were some good snow falls on the 3rd of June reported from Armidale, Guyra, Glenn Innes, and Ken Kato was able to report snow that fell at Eukey at Stanthorpe. Snow also settled at Girraween and other places in Stanthorpe there was reported snow flurries.

Hopefully we can have another Artic burst that can make its way North. We want to see some 540 lines or lower with the right conditions give us some more snow before another hot summer.

Cheers.
crikey
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: tweed shire NSW and nDUNOLLY.. Nth Central district VIC

Re: 2019 snow events for SEQ and Northern Tablelands

Post by crikey »

Just moving this 2019 GUYRA NSW highlands snow stuff over.
a shame all those snow archives at WZ will be compromised
GUYRA 2019
http://forum.weatherzone.com.au/ubbthre ... ost1498021
'bc bobbings'
https://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/ ... y-weekend/
Not quite Guyra but there was definitely some snow on the northern tablelands from that event.
Ha ..my first snow pic from 'Guyra '24th June 2019
'crikey'
camped overnight for the snow event.3rd june
Here are a few of my belated phone photos. Woke up to a winter wonderland .
Something l have ticked off on my 'bucket list'
7am Guyra to Armidale

ColinMaitland
Cumulus
Reactions:

Re: 2019 snow events for SEQ and Northern Tablelands

Post by ColinMaitland »

Awesome stuff Crikey. Love Guyra, Glenn Innes and the New England area. Hope you enjoyed your chase. I couldn’t chase this event, my daughter was arriving home from Europe and it was a late flight. The next day was family day but I was keeping an eye on the radar and Kens posts. It was amazing that the models picked the timing smack on time for this event.