Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Northern Hemisphere Winter

All international weather archives can be found here.
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Northern Hemisphere Winter

Post by Geoff »

I thought I'd start this thread for the upcoming NH winter which is always interesting and this is showing signs of being a good one.
In particular is this chart for Sunday for Siberia with an incredibly intense high pressure system of 1065 hPa! I've never seen one with pressure that high in my life!
Extreme cold as expected under a high that big, it's been bitterly cold over much of Russia all this month, interesting to see how it progresses. :D
Imageclick image upload
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Re: Northern Hemisphere Winter

Post by Rivergirl »

Yes and how it affects the rest of Europe
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

KABOOM for California coming up. Considering this is only next 78 hours - goodness me.....start building an ark if you are in the Mountains.
Attachments
California - Floods Snow.jpg
California - Floods Snow.jpg (253.04 KiB) Viewed 12069 times
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Some extraordinary scenes coming out of Newfoundland after one of their famous "Noreasters".....
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

Geoff wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:41 am Some extraordinary scenes coming out of Newfoundland after one of their famous "Noreasters".....
Wow..... certainly moisture involved with that polar pulse. Imagine waking up with that at your front door :o