Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

SE QLD storms - 18/10/2013

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

SE QLD storms - 18/10/2013

Post by I_Love_Storms »

Oakey has just received a wind gust of 124kph! Some wild hail storms up in SE QLD. Crazy weather in Aus right now! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o And an inch of rain in 15 mins. 17mm in 8 mins. Average rain rate of 127.5 p/h for 8 mins.
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: SE QLD storms - 18/10/2013

Post by I_Love_Storms »

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING - SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND
for DESTRUCTIVE WIND and LARGE HAILSTONES
For people in parts of the
LOCKYER VALLEY,
MORETON BAY,
SOMERSET and
TOOWOOMBA Council Areas.
Issued at 2:30 pm Friday, 18 October 2013.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:25 pm, very dangerous thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near the area northwest of Toowoomba, moving towards the east northeast. Very dangerous thunderstorms are forecast to affect the area north of Toowoomba, Highfields and Haden by 2:55 pm and Toowoomba, Murphy's Creek, Hampton and Crows Nest by 3:25 pm.
Another severe thunderstorm was located near Toogoolawah.It is forecast to affect northern Lake Wivenhoe, Somerset Dam and Toogoolawah by 2:55 pm and Lake Somerset by 3:25 pm.
Destructive winds and large hailstones are likely.
Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 3:30 pm.
A more general severe thunderstorm warning is also current for parts of the Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West, Wide Bay and Burnett, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast districts.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at http://www.bom.gov.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or call 1300 659 219. The Bureau and Emergency Management Queensland would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.