Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria: Day to Day Weather Talk

Event discussion and analysis for Victoria and Tasmania, including day to day weather.
Forum rules
When posting photos, particularly in active breaking weather threads, please link to clickable photos to minimise download issues. For more information, see Posting Photo Guidelines for more information. Threads that are six weeks old or older will be Archived Here
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Victoria: Day to Day Weather Talk

Post by Blackee »

Hi gang!!

Use this thread to discuss the weather in between main weather events.
Whether you are in Melbourne, Mildura, Murray Bridge or Muswellbrook, post your thoughts on the days weather here.

It has been a superb day in Melbourne today. It I could choose a day of weather, today would be it. Lovely temp, cloudless sky. Magnificent!!

I am watching the SA radar with a somewhat perplexed look. A nice band of rain/storms approaching the Central area, with plenty of lightning active. Will be interesting if this band encroaches VIC overnight!!!
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Day to Day weather talk

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Yeah looking like the far NW should score some lightning.

Otherwise another decent day of weather down here with temps in the low 20s. Loving it. It is what summer should be. Cool for the remainder of the week and I think the weekend will change a bit as we get closer so perhaps not so hot.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
n
norfolk
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by norfolk »

was cloudy all morning with the sun clearing by the afternoon, when the breeze came in and kept the day pleasant. The rest of the week should remain the same, dry, morning cloud and then sun, no rain at all.
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

Woke to water dribbling in the downpipes. Turned out to be 1mm of drizzle to start the day off. Didnt get past 24.8C here today (and that may have been yesterdays value when I reset the max). A calm and persistently overcast day here. :cloudy:
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

1.6mm of drizzle this morning and very damp around the place, some places in the immediate local area I would even describe as 'wet' this morning. Everything has freshened up and looks wonderful. Up to 88.8mm for the month now and likely to end up with around 90mm if Friday's morning showers come off.

I recorded a maximum of 21.1C today. In Melbourne the southerly was quite fresh and it felt very cool. Agree that this is the way summer weather should be for at least some of the time.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Weather conditions were fine and sunny here today. No rainfall to 9am despite encountering some drizzle on the drive home last night, it did not record into the gauge. Temperatures reached up to around 24 degrees and we had a moderate east to southeasterly wind, though tended more southeasterly this afternoon and freshened up a little! Beautiful day, perfect for the BBQ, but I have had enough of those of recent. Haha.
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
D
Dane
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Dane »

Windy here today gusting up to 25 knots from the ESE temp currently 23/14. Looks like humid and unsettled weather ahead but not expecting to much in Cranny
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Quite windy east to southeasterly winds here as well. Gusts up to about 40 km/h I'd say at this stage. Temperature just nice as the cloud is clearing. Got burnt again at Tennis today, even though I was wearing sunscreen!!
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
D
David
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by David »

It is not often that we get such strong winds from the ESE, could be a few branches down with this as trees haven't been exposed to gusty winds from this direction for a while.
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by I_Love_Storms »

David wrote:It is not often that we get such strong winds from the ESE, could be a few branches down with this as trees haven't been exposed to gusty winds from this direction for a while.
Yeah there are a few small branches down around here.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Been out a friends place down at Narre Warren.
Winds were quite strong and blustery. Temp was also quite cool.
Looking forward to a beautiful summers day tomorrow.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Might not be so fine but should be a lovely day none the less.

Winds up to 85kmh here today with branches down here.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Hardly any wind to speak of here today although perhaps I wasn't paying attention. Didn't go outside much. Most of the day was cloudy and cool. Only got to around 22C

Strong smell of eucalypt in the air which is a result of the higher humidity, tomorrow will be significantly humid IMO and that could give us a chance of a storm over the inland ranges. At this stage I'd only put it at about 10% though. We'll know more tomorrow morning.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

East coast getting battered. Brisbane has recorded 84mm since around midnight. Like have to look at radar archive to see what the hell went on. Beaudesert with 116mm looks to have done best.

Edit: Here is the link to last nights Brisbane radar sequence.

Edit 2: Just checked the Qld hydro map and the Since 9am rainfalls are insane!! Thus I will open an Aust Breaking Weather thread.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

SAB wrote:Warm and humid today, max 29.5 here in Berwick.
Welcome SAB. :woooo:
Great to have you on board.
We're starrting to build a handy artillery down in the SE suburbs.
I have spent the afternoon up at Guys Hill. Bit windy!! :windsail:
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

Top weekend up on Mt Macedon,grey foggy and damp on Saturday, 16C max and sunday started out misty andd cleared to a fab sunny afternoon and a perfect summer temp of 20C

55mm of rain since last Sunday :applause:
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Have to be happy with that, Macedonian :cheers2: :flower:
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

It was very cool this morning and residual humidity from the last 3 weeks hung around overnight to settle a heavy dew on everything here measuring 0.2mm in the gauge.

It is lovely out there. Cloud has all but gone for the first time in a long time. Signs of what the next 10 days will be like - not the worst in the world but could also herald a pretty strong LWT feature towards the end of the period.

24 here currently with DPs back into single figures.
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

12.1C to 23.8C at home today. It was cloudy this morning. Humidity only gradually fading out. Nice that we don't go straight into intense dry and heat so the moisture has a chance to sink in to the soil a bit. Grass growing like crazy as if it was the middle of October which is fantastic to see. I wonder how warm the bay will get after this week with yet another long stretch of continuous above average temps. Could make things interesting when we get southerlies behind the weak fronts. If we get drizzle it is likely to be productive.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Should be quite productive Andrew. And with that channel of moisture moving north up to the divide, the risk of an afternoon shower or storm remains a small chance across the weekend behind the front Thursday morning.