Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

March 15th, 2012 - Severe Thunderstorms (West/Central Vic)

Archived storm chasing events are located here.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

March 15th, 2012 - Severe Thunderstorms (West/Central Vic)

Post by Meso »

Not really much of a chase report to add to this guys. Basically just watched the radar on n off all day at work hoping things would time out nicely for once so I could go get a rare look at a decent storm this season (opportunities have been few n far between with work commitments). Anyway, watched the line appear to split on radar before I left the office and drove home thinking will or won't I. Decided stuff it, it'll probably be my last chance for the year and the line was headed straight for one of my favorite spots 20 mins out the road. So, jumped in the car with pretty low expectations, but was blown away by what I saw and was a great way to scratch the itch before the long winter sets in! Watching the radar loop back it actually picked up a bit of strength as it approached Bendigo, despite it looking like doing the opposite not long before. Can only imagine how much fun it would have been riding this thing from way out west, back to Bendigo, but I got a 20 minute date with it that was great nonetheless.

Here's what I snapped...

Flickr link for crickey - http://www.flickr.com/photos/59086907@N ... 840909320/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And a (HD) YouTube clip to go along with it - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)